Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Company Name: JBA Consulting Engineers
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, southmelbourne
Employment Status: Full Time
Our team is growing and we want Brilliant People to join us on the journey.
About the role
We are excited about our future; we are wanting a brilliant Finance and Administration Manager who is passionate about shaping the built environment, great with numbers, can build relationships and thrives in a collaborative team. An enthusiastic, Self-managed person, a person who likes challenges, thrives on problem solving, can manage multiple tasks and responsibilities at a time.
As Finance and Administration Manager you will work with our Finance and Admin team to deliver financial and administration services to the team. These include:
- Financial planning
- Reporting weekly on weekly, monthly quarterly, year to date financial tracking – P&L, income, expenses, accounts owing etc.
- Invoicing and client contract managing
- SRO, ATO and other government reporting
- Cost analysis and review
- leading other finance team members
- Timesheet management and stop work orders and letters
- Minimizing outstanding accounts
- Managing process for account receivable and payable
- Cash and banking management
- Cost saving implementation
- Travel expenses and staff expenses
- Actual vs. budget analysis
- Accruals and Prepayments
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of balance sheet, P&L reports, and Cashflow reports
- Monthly payroll and payroll management
- Annual budgeting and cashflow forecasting
- Manage our ISO Integrated Management System
- Manage Team Training and Certification Registers
- Manage internal audit program
- Manage Administration and Finance services to the organisation
- Manage our office facility and services
- Oversee our IT Services and Agreements
We are seeking an enthusiastic, Self-managed person, a person who likes challenges, thrives on problem solving, can manage multiple tasks and responsibilities at a time, and who has an interest or passion for the built environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role, preferably with an engineering, construction or professional services firm
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task, to work independently and to offer assistance when required.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of MYOB, Xero and Accounting Packages
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Suite packages
- Pro-active and hands-on attitude
- Friendly personality and neat appearance
- Open to learning new skills
- Driven to achieve
- Strong organisational skills
- Willingness to learn
Why we are different
We offer a combined Building Services, Civil and Sustainability offering to our clients. This enables a multi-disciplined approach to design which is efficient and a premium level of service and quality for our clients. We collaborate with our partners and clients to achieve great outcomes for all stakeholders. We are an agile team with the ability to manoeuvre where our clients need us to.
JBA is a consulting engineering firm delivering Building Services, Civil and Sustainability design and advice services. We are about to turn 40 years old, so we have a solid foundation and history which we draw from. As an experienced and long-term organisation, we have a solid reputation for quality and premium level service in the industry.
We are undertaking a number of projects in:
- Residential (Luxury Homes, Townhouses and Apartments)
- Hospitality (Hotels, Resorts and Entertainment)
- Commercial (Buildings and Tenancy Fit outs)
- Government (Federal and State)
- Education (University, Public and Private Schools)
- Retail (Shopping Centres, Restaurants, Retail and Outlets)
- Healthcare (Aged Care, Retirement Living and Medical)
- Community (Leisure, Recreation and Community Buildings)
- Industrial (Warehouses, Processing and Plant)
We would love to hear from you
This is an opportunity to become part of an innovative team, focused on achieving client satisfaction, sustainable design, efficient systems and raising individual team member satisfaction and value.
- Your CV
- A brief letter covering:
- What excites you about JBA.
- What excites you about the role.
- What do you want to achieve?
- Imagine you’ve got the job, now what?
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years of accounting experience do you have?How many years of payroll experience do you have?