Title: Finance and Commercial Manager
Company Name: Blackstone Minerals Limited
Job Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, perth
Employment Status: Full Time
• Leading edge innovative Company
• Based in our Vietnam at our mine site Ban Phuc Nickle Mines
Blackstone Minerals Limited (BSX) is a leading battery and precious metals exploration and development company focused on the flagship Ta Khoa Nickel PGE (Cu Co) sulfide project in Northern Vietnam where the company is drilling out the large-scale Ban Phuc Nickel-PGE deposit. The Ta Khoa Nickel-PGE Project has existing modern mine infrastructure built to International Standards including a 450ktpa processing plant and permitted mine facilities.
Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, Blackstone also owns a large land holding at the Gold Bridge project within the BC porphyry belt in British Columbia, Canada with large scale drill targets prospective for high grade gold-cobalt copper mineralisation.
Applications are sought from experienced Finance and Commercial Managers to join the team at Blackstone. Please note that this role is based in Vietnam at Ban Phuc Nickle Mines (BPMN).
Reporting to the General Manager Operations BPNM, the Finance and Commercial Manager is responsible for overseeing and holding accountabilities for all aspects of finance and commerciality in relation to the mine site’s operations.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
• Ensure that all activities are carried out to the highest standard of safety in accordance with Company policies and workplace safety and environmental regulations.
• Development and implementation of strategy (not limited to company legal structure and organisational structure) across each of the functions/Departments.
• Prepare feasibility study report and obtain approval from concerned department and Peoples committee.
• Conduct commercial negotiations for key materials/services/spares parts (including 3rd party purchase and Sales), getting maximum benefits for Company.
• Implement ERP system but not limited to Finance, SCM (including warehouse) and Maintenance Depts. Timely integration of corporate system and process into ERP.
• Liaison with Tax and Finance Department of Vietnam for getting required tax license/ benefits and support external affairs Department in obtaining various licenses and approvals Manages consistent financial planning, forecasting, analysis, and reporting activities to ensure consolidated reporting to support company’s management in business decision making.
• Manages company’s budget including revenue/direct margin, EBITDA or CAPEX level and drives the yearly budget exercise and forecast with line management.
• Reports variances of revenue, OPEX, direct margin or investment/contract to provide an accurate financial situation with identification of risk and opportunity.
• Analyses, recommends, and approves investment or profitability for complex files or projects (e.g., infrastructure, new products, promotions) and selects those that support company’s strategy and optimize its commercial position.
• Develops financial plans, organizes product structure in a business logic way and supports/advises in decision making, investment and customer offers.
• Initiates, coordinates, and tracks financial processes improvements and ensures the respect for financial standards and best practices.
• Manages and motivates subordinate staff; reviews and assesses performance, builds employee capacity, supports their professional development, and enables employees to optimize their contribution to the department.
• Ensuring that appropriate systems and Internal controls are implemented and maintained.
• Overseeing payroll process.
• Oversee all tax and regulatory compliance process/ issues.
• Provide mentoring and guidance in development of the National staffs to enable them to do independently all the above requirements.
To be considered for the role, you will have the following qualifications, skills, and experience.
• Hold a CA/CPA qualification from reputed institute combine with Finance and costing knowledge.
• Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience in the finance and accounting functions with International experience greater than 6 years.
• Greater than six (6) years in the mining, mineral processing, and chemical refining industries in emerging markets (Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe).
• Candidates that have experience working in Asian and African countries will be regarded highly.
Remuneration and salary package will be discussed at interview stage.
Further information about us please go to our Company’s website www.blackstoneminerals.com.au or contact our Recruiter, Tina Lee on [email protected]
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter by following the APPLY NOW PROMPTS.
Shortlisting and recruitment of this role will commence immediately.
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role. Candidates will be considered via direct application only.