Title: Finance Assistant/Bookkeeper (Part-Time)
Company Name: Lala Hospitality
Job Location: Australia, Australian Capital Territory, ACT, canberra
Employment Status: Part Time
Finance Assistant/Bookkeeper (Part-Time)
About Lala Hospitality Group
Lala Hospitality Group is home to Canberra’s best bars and casual dining eateries. We focus on providing award-winning experiences for the Canberra community through our five unique brands and offerings.
An opportunity has arisen for a Part-Time Finance Assistant/Bookkeeper based at our office in Canberra City. You will report to the Finance Officer and will be responsible for day-to-day bookkeeping and administrative tasks for our group of bars. This is a part-time role of 25-30 hours per week, with the agreed working hours to be discussed with the candidate at the time of interview.
- Recording the financial transactions of the businesses in bookkeeping software (Xero);
- Reconciling bank accounts;
- Management of accounts payable and receivable;
- Processing expenses, managing records and receipts;
- Processing payroll, including lodgement of superannuation, preparation of new employee packages and maintaining employee records;
- Preparing weekly/monthly finance reports;
- Compliance with monthly and quarterly tax obligations;
- Supporting the development of annual budgets and forecasting;
- Maintaining strong and accurate internal controls and accounting records;
- Management of multiple inboxes and maintenance of online filing system;
- General finance and administration tasks as required.
Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrated current experience in a finance position, including accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliations, preparation of BAS reports;
- Relevant Qualifications i.e. Cert IV in Bookkeeping or Accounting;
- Thorough knowledge of Xero;
- Knowledge of NES and experience with processing Payroll and Superannuation;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and Word;
- A demonstrated knowledge of fundamental finance and business principles;
- Experience working across multiple entities;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Enthusiastic, hard-working and have a positive approach to challenges;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to meet deadlines;
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail;
- Drive and initiative with the ability to work independently and in a team;
- Commitment and Reliability
We’re looking for someone who will become a part of the team and embrace our fun, supportive culture. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please include a cover letter and resume.
Applications close on Wednesday 31st March, unless a suitable candidate is found prior to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?