Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity, then join our Finance team in the capacity of Business Partner?
In this newly created role you will partner with key stakeholders to deliver a customer centric experience in the delivery of an efficient and effective financial planning and analysis function for Council.
The Finance Business Partner will be the central contact point for the Finance Unit and will be responsible for providing day to day finance support to Managers and Executive as well as contributing to strategic finance initiatives and projects. Further, this role will formulate partnerships to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the finance objectives of the organisation.
This opportunity will be offered on a Permanent full time basis.
The salary range for this opportunity commences at $80,743 (Grade G, Step1) + 9.5% super
Click on the link below to access salary information for all steps within the designated Grade.
Your duties will include:
- Provide support and assistance with all technical aspects associated with the running of the Finance Business Partnering section.
- Ensure the Council is provided with an efficient and effective financial framework that supports decision making.
- Assist in evaluating budget performance and financial management accountability across all units and identify opportunities for improvement
- Assist the Team Leader Financial Planning in communicating the strategic financial objectives of the Council to all Corporate & Business Units.
- Evaluate budget proposals and undertake modelling to assist in financial planning, analysis and project trends
- Assist in identifying, improving and mapping all relevant financial processes and managing relevant integrated information systems
- Assist in maintaining the completeness, accuracy, reconciliation, reliability and integrity of Councils financial ledgers.
*Please refer to the position description for a full list of duties
You will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting, Commerce, Business or Finance or extensive relevant financial experience
- Demonstrated ability to undertake the functions and responsibilities identified in this role
- Experience working with an accounting enterprise system
- Budgeting and financial planning experience
- Highly developed interpersonal and analytical skills
- Advanced experience in statistical analysis and financial tools
- Ability to plan and prioritise work
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Relevant computer skills (including Microsoft Office applications)
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted online by clicking the 'Apply' button below and creating a login using your email address. When submitting your application, make sure to address the Essential Criteria mentioned in the below Position Description in your covering letter.
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with a disability or culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applications close at 11:59 pm on Thursday 4 March 2021
For more information, please contact Daniel Lerve (Team Leader Financial Planning and Analysis) on 02 9707 5463