Title: Finance Coordinator
Company Name: Newcomb Sand and Soil Supplies
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, South West Coast VIC, geelong
Employment Status: Full Time
About the business
We are a leading provider of wholesale and retail garden supplies to Geelong, the Surf Coast and Greater Victoria. Our sites include two retail yards at Moolap and Torquay, as well as, bulk sites at Point Henry, Murgheboluc and Portarlington.
About the role
This role will report to the Administration Manager and be based at our Moolap office. The successful applicant will be a mature individual with a broad range of finance and administrative skills and experience. The role will have flexible working arrangements although the successful applicant will be required to work four to five days per week. This role will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Accounts Receivable (shared responsibility)
- Accounts Payable
- Accounting functions such as, bank reconciliations, maintain fixed asset register, GL journals etc.
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Payroll - processing timesheets
- Petty Cash
- Plant and Equipment administration (maintain register, registration of vehicles etc.)
- Administer company leases and insurance policy's.
- Monitor inventory of stationary and uniforms and arrange new orders and issuing of items.
- Support company retail activities by taking, phone calls, taking orders, serving customers.
- Administrative support to Operations.
Benefits and perks
Flexible hours will be provided, a competitive remuneration and ongoing funded training.
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Diploma in Business, Accounting or similar.
- 10+ years experience in finance or admin type roles.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management shills
- Be ambitious and have a genuine interest in joining a garden supplies business
- Sound maths and computer skills
- Experience in using Reckon Accounting package (preferred)
- Be respectful and reliable, as well as, friendly & polite to our staff and customers
- Understand that safety is the most important part of their role
- Team player with good communication and excellent customer service skills
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years of bookkeeping experience do you have?