Title: Finance Manager
Company Name: ATG Group
Job Location: Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employment Status: Part Time
Finance Manager Reporting to
Managing Director Location
The role demands accountability for the administrative & financial operations to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Business Description: Property & Retail Group
Minimum Requirements for the Role Education and Qualifications
Skills, Experience & Behavioural Competencies
- Bachelor of Accounting
- 5+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles
- CA or CPA
- Proven experience in, and knowledge of, financial management and planning
- Reporting of financial information and monitoring of financial reports
- Proven ability to accurately prepare budgets, reconciliations and financial statements.
- Knowledge of & extensive experience in relevant income tax, FBT, GST, ATO and payroll tax requirements and regulations
- Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing, and maintaining financial management systems.
- Superior communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent time management
- Interest and enthusiasm in the work the business undertakes.
- Previous experience with Sympac & Xero Accounting platforms are beneficial but not integral.
- Dependant on the candidate & their capability, the role would initially entail 2 days/week with flexible working arrangements on offer for a suitable candidate. This could progress to an increased workload.
- Develop and maintain ongoing 3-way forecasts for the Group as required.
- Develop and provide Monthly & 6-Monthly reporting as required and as per the ATG reporting matrix.
- Implement and monitor systems and processes as required to facilitate the growth of the business.
- Oversee the issuance of financial information to ATG Directors and external parties.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company.
- Develop and deliver of the monthly/year-end / half-year statutory financial statements, including proactively managing the audit process and the preparation and presentation of papers to the ATG Directors.
- Assist in the development of new IT strategy.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with ATG’s external accountants.
- Manage, deliver and/or oversee tax compliance and produce returns and declarations e.g. BAS, payroll tax, income tax returns.
- Manage, deliver and/or oversee all financial statutory requirements covering ATO matters.
- Report Single Touch Payroll
- Ensure timely ATO reporting - BAS lodgement and payment.
- Ensure timely ATO Reporting - PAYGI lodgement and payment.
Specific Scope of Works
- EOM bank account reconciliation.
- EOM Xero reconciliation.
- EOM forecast update.
- Monthly Payroll.
- Invoice reconciliation – AR & AP.
- Compliance & Statutory adherence as required & timing of payments as required.
- Monthly & half year property financial reporting.
This role would be staged, with the progressive introduction of different elements of scope to ensure the candidate is comfortable with the transition.
This an opportunity for the suitable candidate to align themselves with a group that champions transparency
. ATG is built around strong moral principles
& acting with integrity
and this position provides the opportunity for someone to join an innovative environment
that strives for excellence
in everything we do.