Title: Finance Manager
Company Name: Fronius Australia
Job Location: Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
Employment Status: Full Time
About the business and the role:
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our friendly and dynamic team. Significant growth in recent years has resulted in this newly created position of Finance Manager. The role will suit someone who has the ability to think strategically, solve problems and improve finance processes and efficiencies. Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the Financial Controller you will be joining an organisation that is supportive, with a flexible work culture and long term stability.
- CPA or CA qualified
- A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
- Experience working with a multinational organisation
- Exceptional analytical and numerical skills
- Attractive remuneration and incentives
- Flexible & collaborative working environment, work life balance (Part-time position)
- Company that cares about its people, and provides a friendly working environment
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Supporting the Managing Director & Executive Management Board in finance and controlling
- Preparation of annual budget requirements
- Responsible for allocating and posting current transactions (i.e., general ledger accounting and purchasing invoices) with the support of the financial controller
- Responsible for analysis and examination of book entries and accounts.
- Calculation of investment decisions and tax consequences.
- Project management for the subsidiary on matters concerning financial operations of the company, as required.
- Responsible for ensuring monthly and annual balance sheets comply with legal requirements and best accounting practices
- Understand tax consequences and regulations with regards to shipping domestically.
- Be able to understand, implement and assist others with regulatory frameworks.
- Optimise business and finance processes where required, to ensure local compliance and maximise finance performance of both the subsidiary and International head office.
- Assist where required in the preparation of weekly, monthly annual financial statements.
- Support finance team where required in reconciliations and general ledger entries.
- Support finance team where required in BAS, ATO, FBT reporting.
- Liaise, provide analysis and make recommendations and work in close cooperation with colleagues across varied departments in Australia.
- Notify and inform Managing Director of any relevant topics including identified financial discrepancies or errors and updates to accounting and finance law and regulation.
- Liaise with local tax consultants, auditors, insurance and legal companies and other service providers as required.
- Support finance team in scheduling and payment of accounts.
- Preparation of reports for the Managing Director, International headquarters and other departments as required.
- Support finance team in administering debtor control and financial control procedures.
- Liaise with customers regarding financial topics as required.
- Support the finance team in general administration tasks.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in finance and accounting.
- Current Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Masters’ in Accounting (MBA).
- Minimum of Five years professional experience in accounting and finance, including working knowledge of finance, budgeting, and cost control principles including accepted accounting principles.
- Demonstrated experience of budgeting, forecasting and profitability analysis.
- Demonstrated experience of working with federal, state and local financial regulations, with regard to taxes and business financial requirements.
- Experience in office/project management.
- Solutions based mindset and adaptable attitude.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work effectively in a multinational organisation.
- Willingness and ability to perform during peak times.
- Personable disposition and great attitude toward team contributions.
- Excellent computer skills, including working experience with an ERP system and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Pro-active problem solving skills and lateral thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Willingness to learn all that is required to complete the tasks involved, including undertaking regular training at international headquarters as required.
- Possess a valid Passport.
- Must be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident.
If you believe you possess the skills and experience for this role, we'd love to have you come and be a part of our organisations success!
To apply for this position please click on the 'Apply' button.