Title: Finance Manager
Company Name: Island Hotels Ltd
Job Location: New Zealand, New Zealand, Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland, manukau
Employment Status: Full Time
Club Raro Resort in Rarotonga, Cook Islands, is looking for a qualified Accountant to lead the day-to-day operations of the Resort’s Finance team.
To be successful in securing this unique leadership role you will possess an extensive working knowledge of accounting and finance in a hotel environment.
You will hold a tertiary qualification and ideally be CPA / CA qualified, (or currently pursuing to be). The role will require an exceptional level of communication, organisation, and attention to detail, along with a high level of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
You will have the ability to develop relationships and work collaboratively with Departmental Managers in all forms of communication. You will operate as a hands-on key member of the team, gaining exposure to all areas of accounting work.
The position will be responsible for a team of one/two direct reports and will be supported by the CFO.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensures compliance with all Finance related procedures.
- Fully responsible for the Management & Supervision of accounts receivable function including daily payment allocation, timely credit collection follow ups, and AR ageing control, credit card reconciliations and resolving credit card chargebacks.
- Supervise Accounts Payable process, verification of AP invoices including coding and payment, assisting during their absence.
- Responsible for month-end process including Month End journals, P&L reporting, and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of forecast and budget.
- Review CAPEX items submitted and maintain effective control procedures to ensure all assets, liabilities, income, and expenses are accurately recorded
- Enhance internal control.
- Analyse financial information and control expenditures of all departments to ensure compliance with budgetary requirements.
- Manage & Supervise General Cashiering and banking
- Compile and lead the preparation and analysis of periodical financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Coach the operations teams to ensure high level of financial literacy throughout the business
- Implement a culture of innovation within the Finance Department.
- The position will also oversee HR related Functions and help General Management in carrying out HR related duties.
The successful candidate should have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar Management role.
- Ability to positively collaborate with other departments and teams.
- Ability to nurture talent
- Excellent communication skills, including listening and articulating ideas
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships and communicate effectively
This Position is based in Rarotonga, Cook Islands. If you have the skills and experience for this position savvy and this sounds like the career move for you, please apply with your Cover Letter and Resume.
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted *
Read Before Apply
How many years' experience do you have as a finance manager?How many years of people management experience do you have?How many years of managerial accounting experience do you have?Do you have HR experience in the hospitality industry?Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?