Title: Finance Manager
Company Name: MV Lawyers
Job Location: Australia, Australian Capital Territory, ACT, canberra
Employment Status: Full Time
- Are you an experienced Finance Manager?
- Do you have good attention to detail and are you driven to excel?
- Are you looking for a challenge in a fast-paced, fun and supportive environment?
Meyer Vandenberg is one of Canberra’s largest independent law firms, boasting an impeccable reputation for legal services for clients spanning across various disciplines. We are currently seeking an experienced Finance Manager to be a key member of our busy office.
This role provides the right person with excellent opportunity to advance their career in an established law firm. Working closely with the Partners and the CEO, to make improvements to staff productivity, expense management and assisting them to identify and achieve their teams KPI’s with regards to WIP management, billings and debt recovery. You will work collaboratively with a team of legal professionals who are strongly bonded by their individual talents, cohesiveness and drive to deliver an exceptional service to their clients.
Skills & Experience
As an ideal candidate for this role, you must have:-
- 5+ years post grad experience within finance, with experience in supervising team members;
- Completed or working towards Accountancy Qualification i.e. CA / CPA / CIMA;
- An approach to strong Business Partnering and management of Financial Performance;
- Process improvement mindset, willingness to take initiative to understand key drivers of business;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Proven ability to achieve results in a timely manner;
- Ability to build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Work well under pressure and with conflicting priorities;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Finance software, an ability to learn new systems and processes quickly.
As the Finance Manager, you will manage all strategic and operational financial matters of the firm including:
- Provide leadership and consultation to Partner Group and the CEO by proactively identifying opportunities and raising challenges to meet business objectives and mitigate risks;
- Make a positive contribution to the firm and its general operations;
- Completion of Annual Budget Process and preparation of annual financial statements;
- Implement and monitor effective credit policies and its compliance;
- Satisfy the firm’s standards in respect of professional ability, ethics, integrity and client commitment;
- Management of the firm’s Trust accounts, whilst ensuring compliance with the relevant legislation;
- Financial analysis and management reporting in relation to strategic initiatives to the Partner Group;
- Oversee all payroll processes for the firm ensuring accuracy and timeliness;
- Supervise staff as required - give clear instructions, set realistic deadlines and provide constructive feedback;
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
MV offers a competitive salary package and an inclusive culture with a focus on employee well-being. You will be supported by a great team of professionals who are all driven to succeed together, and you will have the opportunity to work in an environment that will allow you to really use your talents to grow.
Please submit your application and supporting documents via Seek or send an email to [email protected]
If you would like a confidential chat about this role please contact Maryam Shahid, our HR Advisor, on (02) 6279 4488.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 4 April 2021.