Title: Finance Manager
Company Name: North Search
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches,
Employment Status: Full Time
Our client is a specialist architectural design and construction practice delivering beautiful bespoke and functional homes.
They offer a holistic approach to design and construction, which includes architectural and interior design, construction, landscaping, small works, property maintenance and caretaking.
The practice has enjoyed significant growth over the recent years and yet has still managed to maintain its client focused, friendly and family feel culture. As they continue to grow they are looking for a Financial Manager to join their Terry Hills based team.
The Role – Finance Manager
Responsible for leading Financial and Accounting support for the both the Design and construction business. You will be reporting to the Financial Controller and have expertise in providing financial and accounting support to architectural practices and construction businesses, preferably with turnover of between $50m to $100m.
Candidates suitable for this role will demonstrate extensive financial and management accounting experience and have a track record in a similar role within an architectural practice or builder. You will be CA/CPA qualified and have the drive and energy to prepare and deliver relevant, timely and accurate financial information.
- Full Accounting Function for the Cadence Design business and cadence construction business including, but not limited to:
- Debtors and Creditors management
- End of month accounting processes including journals, accruals, GL reconciliations.
- Bank Reconciliations
- Cashflow forecasting
- Budgeting and forecasts
- Analysis of costs and KPIs
- Oversight of staff utilisation / productivity and the preparation of analysis to support business requirements.
- Statutory reporting and tax compliance
- Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable
- Preparation of management and commercial reports in order to support business decision making.
- Preparation of financial statements and monthly financial reporting to meet requirements
- Support for Financial Controller in other aspects of the business as requested
Experience in supporting the implementation of new financial and business systems would be advantageous in this role. BACKUP SUPPORT FOR:
REPORTS TO: KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Financial Controller, Senior Bookkeeper and Payroll function if required
- CPA/CA qualification or equivalent preferred
- MBA preferred
- 5 years plus accounting experience
- Experience with Xero accounting software
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Good communication skills
- Process orientated, strong organisation skills
- Ability to manage and work well within a team
- Commercial focus
- Experience with construction financial management tools such as Procore, BuilderTrend or similar would be valuable, but not essential.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a company with real values and a family feel. Perfect opportunity for someone living close to the Northern Beaches or considering a move to the area.