Title: Finance Manager
Company Name: Robert Half Management Resources
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, melbourne
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
Our client is a famous sports institute looking for a talented or experienced Finance Manager to strengthen the team. The company is located in one of Melbourne's nicest suburbs and offers candidates free use of its state-of-the-art facilities. The business is currently going through an exciting growth phase/ transformation and offers you the opportunity to lead by example and develop with the business.
Reporting to the General Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the Financial Reporting and Management Reporting process
- Manage and mentor a talented team of 4 professionals
- Review and develop financial systems and processes to optimize business performance and generate efficiencies
- Review, develop and expand Management Reporting and BI across the organization
- Partnering with various business unit managers, GM's and the CEO to merge strategic decisions with financial data-based evidence
- Oversee the organisation's annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Cashflow forecasting
- Investigate accounting and reporting issues and create efficient solutions
- Compose monthly department reports and present to executive management and the audit & risk committee
- Co-operate and communicate with auditors, regulatory bodies and the Australian Taxation office as required
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking to develop their career in a well-respected institution. There is the prospect of joining the business on a permanent basis after the initial 6 month timeframe with a career progression plan in place.
The ideal candidate will fit the following criteria:
- CA or CPA qualified with a minimum of 8 years' experience
- Demonstrated experience managing a team
- Demonstrated ability dealing with operational and senior stakeholders
- Extensive understanding of fundamental accounting principles
- An exposure or interest to Business Intelligence
- A keen interest to automate and improve manual processes
- Willingness to learn and thrive in a dynamic and changing environment
- Strong systems and Excel skills
The preferred candidate will have a notice period of maximum two weeks.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/melbourne [link removed]