Title: Finance Manager
Company Name: Ruralco
Job Location: New Zealand, New Zealand, Canterbury, Timaru & South Canterbury, ashburton
Employment Status: Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and highly motivated individual to join the Ruralco Finance Team. Ruralco is a values-led farming co-operative formed in 1963. We make farming life easier for our members and cardholders and work together to support the success of rural New Zealand.
Based in Ashburton this role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with previous people management and coaching skills to lead our team of finance professionals. This role reports directly to the CFO.
Closing Date: 18th April 2021
Qualifications & experience
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated accounting experience
- Degree Qualified, and a CA Qualification.
Tasks & responsibilities
To carry out accounting duties as required by the CFO in order to support the timely and accurate reporting of the Cooperatives financial results and those of its subsidiaries and associates.
Ensuring that the timing of cash flow for the business is not significantly impacted by late payments, or missing receivable transactions.
- Management accounting, ensuring a monthly timetable of all finance process to complete month end
- Preparation of monthly management and board reports together with supporting analysis
- Analysis of variances between budget and monthly financial results
- Review and sign off the reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts
- Prepares year end timetable of all processes needed to complete Annual Accounts/Audit and AGM
- Prepares timetable of the budget processes and ensures budget consolidation is completed accurately and to the agreed timeframe
- Reviews required tax returns to agreed standards and timeframes
- Ensures all processes remain up to date with current legislative requirements
- Reporting directly to the CFO the finance manager leads a team of 8 finance professionals.
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement and delivers a high level of customer service internally and externally.
- 10 Sick Days Per Annum, accruable to 30days (following 6 months continuous service)
- A day off for your birthday
- A volunteer day
- Life Insurance
- A full wellbeing package - including discounted gym membership, eye tests, wellness checks, mole checks and flu jabs
- Access to Ruralco's EAP support program
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?How many years' experience do you have as a finance manager?Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?How many years of people management experience do you have?How many years of managerial accounting experience do you have?