Title: Finance Manager
Company Name: The Market Grocer Pty Ltd
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, homebush
Employment Status: Full Time
Finance Manager – The Market Grocer
- Growing & Dynamic FMCG Business
- Handover available
An exciting opportunity has become available to work with an Australian FMCG company in the newly created role of Finance Manager.
The Market Grocer is a growth-focussed, Australian-owned food business supplying an extensive range of grocery, health lines and fruit & nut products to Independents and other retailers throughout Australia. We have been importing, distributing and manufacturing/packing for 15 years.
The Finance Manager is responsible for leading the finance team, for reporting on day-to-day requirements to the executive team, the provision of monthly management reports, and all external reporting requirements.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the Finance Department
- Oversee implementation of the Operational Plan from a Finance perspective, liaising with other Departments as needed to achieve this.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reports
- Monitor corporate budget, report on performance, analyse variances.
- Monitor cost and margin trends, provide reports and advice to executive team on any corrective action required.
- Monitor and Lead a Finance team of 4-6 members.
- Work closely with Sales Team to execute company’s credit policy, maintaining creditors at a good level.
- Oversee accounts payable along with the inventory records, ensuring that the cost of goods are recorded accurately for business analysis and planning.
- Oversee payroll accuracy with support of external HR.
- Maintain financial systems with support from IT team.
- Propose and drive improvements to financial systems and processes, ensuring strong financial procedures and controls are maintained at all times, to meet the growing needs of the business.
- Liaise with external consultants to deliver taxation advice to management concerning the impact of legislation, decisions, regulations and rulings in tax and payroll related areas.
- Handover available
Requirements of Successful Applicant
- Tertiary qualification in finance, business or accounting
- Fully qualified - CPA/CA
- Minimum 6 years' experience in finance/accounting, with 2 years in a similar position being preferred
- Demonstrated experience, confidence and success in advising stakeholders on strategic decision-making will be highly regarded
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent references
- Ability to be hands-on with advanced Excel skills & Microsoft Nav or other financial system
- Experience in Manufacturing or Wholesale is Preferred
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as a finance manager?How many years of people management experience do you have?Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?How many years of accounting experience do you have?Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for budget management & forecasting?