Title: Finance Officer
Company Name: AccorHotels
Job Location: Australia, Australian Capital Territory, ACT, canberra
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
Accor Apartments & Leases is currently seeking an Finance Officer on a Full time hourly basis for Maternity Leave poistion (1 year) to join our NSW/ACT Regional Finance Team.
This role will be based at Mantra on Northbourne and reports to the Finance Manager ACT.
Getting to know your responsibilities
- Process all Credit Applications, ensuring that the clients are notified promptly and professionally.
- In the AR module, set up AR accounts for newly approved credits and ensure creditors’ details are correct at all times.
- Accountable for the accurate processing of all AR accounts.
- Ensure that all Trade Debtors’ invoices are accurate; all services invoiced supported by a valid guarantee of payment and the room rates correct.
- Responsible for the timely transfer of the invoices to the city ledger and prompt mailing (or emailing) of the invoices to the debtors.
- Answer debtors’ inquiries promptly and effectively.
- Process all cheques and payments received accurately and on a daily basis.
- Complete a daily summary of all adjustments related to the City Ledger; ensure that it is distributed as necessary and reconciled with a PMS generated report at end of shift.
- Ensure that all debtors trading beyond their normal terms are followed up regularly and that the Financial Controller/AFC is notified of any accounts that are continually in this situation.
- Check all travel agent commission payments on a weekly basis
- Ensure that all credit card transactions are verified for completeness
- Calculate and accurately post commissions.
- Promptly liaise with Front office and bank for any credit card disputes.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is provided by Front office to justify credit card refunds with signature of the management.
- Accurately process all Monthly Statements, ensuring that they are mailed promptly.
- Ensure that all Month End reports are printed and forwarded to the Financial Controller to prepare the balance sheet reconciliation.
- Perform ‘month end close’ of the debtors system (in the rare cases where the AR Ledger is not interfaced to the Accounting system).
- Carry out any other Finance and other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Respond to change in the Departmental Function as dictated by the Hotel.
What we need from you
- Experience working in an accounts role in the hotel or hospitality industry
- A recognised university degree in accountancy
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop relationships and work collaboratively with head of departments via the phone and email as well as in person
- Present as self-assured and confident
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well with others in a large team
- Highly motivated individual
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to think independently with strong critical decision making abilities
What you’ll get from us
In return for your energy, hard work and sense of fun, we offer you…
- Discounted rates at all of our hotels, resorts and apartments worldwide
- Fantastic discounts with JB HIFI, BUPA, Virgin Australia, Snap Fitness and many more!
- Structured, ongoing, goal driven learning and training for your personal development
- We're one of the largest accommodation providers in Australia and we're still growing!
- Gain amazing exposure, working for a growing, ASX listed Company – a leader in the industry
- Career progression and diversification will be a dream with the hundreds of properties in our portfolio