Title: Finance Officer
Company Name: Southern Cross Community Housing Ltd
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast, nowra
Employment Status: Full Time
- Join a growing organisation in this diverse role
- Be a valued member of the finance team
- Competitive base + salary packaging + super
- Great working environment
Southern Cross Housing (SCH) is an accredited Tier 1 Community Housing Provider registered under the National Regulatory System for Community Housing. We manage a range of crisis, transitional, social and affordable housing properties with a portfolio of some 2,300 dwellings across an area from Wollongong to Eden and across to Jindabyne.
Our mission is to provide high quality housing and tenancy management, and access to support, for people in NSW who need affordable and stable housing.
SCH is currently recruiting for the position of Finance Officer to be part of this exciting time of growth within the sector.
The Finance Officer is responsible for coordinating and leading a range of financial management, performance monitoring and service improvement tasks and initiatives across Southern Cross Housing (SCH).
Key accountabilities include:
- Data entry into the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all moneys.
- Manage payment schedules.
- Provide reporting to the Senior Finance Officer as required.
- Monitor and reconcile supplier / contractor statements.
- Demonstrated ability to produce financial reports and transactions with a high level of accuracy
- Experience developing and implementing quality improvement initiatives.
- Proven high level interpersonal and presentation communication skills.
- Proven report preparation and writing skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, with evidence of implementing evidence informed performance improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated understanding of Social and Affordable Housing sector.
- Willingness to undertake reasonable travel to support regional offices and projects and/or undertake professional development activities.
Essential qualifications and licencing:
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance
- Drivers licence
- Current Working with Children Check (to be arranged by SCH)
- Criminal record check providing suitable clearance to work with vulnerable members of the community (to be arranged by SCH)
- Experience working within the Social Housing, Building, Real Estate or Social Services sector(s)
- Strong commitment to professional development and growth within the organisation
- Commitment to the SCH Code of Conduct and values
To enquire about this role please contact [email protected]
Applications close Sunday 11th April 2021.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as a financial officer?Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?How many years of accounts payable experience do you have?