Title: Finance Officer
Company Name: Youth Off The Streets Ltd
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, alexandria
Employment Status: Full Time
- A 12-month maximum term full-time role working with an iconic not for profit
- Be given the opportunity to work across a broad range of finance functions
- An energetic and fun team where you will have career advancement opportunities
Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and / or recovering from abuse. Youth Off The Streets supports these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal trauma such as neglect, physical, psychological and / or emotional abuse. It is our goal that these young people will leave our care with a high school education, living skills and a full time or part time job in hand.
YOTS is committed to providing a safe environment where all children and young people are treated with respect and are protected from harm; we have zero tolerance for child abuse.
Reporting to the Finance Lead, and working with an enthusiastic and energetic team, this role will form an integral part of the accounts function. You will assist with the running of the day to day operations of all accounting functions and be given the opportunity to progress in the role.
- Coding, processing and payment of purchase orders and invoices into the accounting system
- Preparation of weekly supplier payments and assisting with other payments
- Handling supplier queries and reconciliations
- Maintaining supplier and customer accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Credit card processing and reconciliation
- Petty cash reimbursements processing and reconciliation
- Month end journal processing
- Balance sheet accounts reconciliation
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Assisting with financial accounting tasks
- Assisting in the budget and audit process
- Processing and reimbursement of staff expenses
- Process donations and monthly recurring gifts
- Issue receipts
- Filing, and
- Return-to-Sender processing
- A Tertiary education in Finance, Business or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3 years of relevant accounting all round experience
- Adept at accounting systems with advanced Microsoft application knowledge
- Donations processing experience highly regarded but not essential as training will be provided
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with a customer service focus and the ability to liaise and negotiate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders and build strong and positive working relationships.
- Proven ability to exercise initiative and judgement, to work unsupervised and to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent time management skills together with a demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines under tight timeframes.
- Be driven to learn.
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative
To apply, please click the ‘apply’ button or email your application direct to [email protected]
Please ensure you submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (max. two pages) with your application.
Only those selected for shortlisting will be contacted. Note that Successful applicants will require a full probity check.
Recruiters need not make contact.
Advert close date: 29th May, 2021 unless closed earlier.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as a financial officer?Have you completed a qualification in accounting?