Title: Financial Accountant
Company Name: 7-Eleven Australia
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, richmond
Employment Status: Full Time
Who are we?
7-Eleven is one of Australia's largest family-owned businesses with more than 700 convenience stores and 8,800 team members located in communities around Australia. Driven by our ambition to lead, shape and redefine convenience for Australians, we are currently embarking on a journey which will see us rethink the way we work and collaborate.
What will you do?
As a Financial Accountant, you will join our Financial Control team where you will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in a varied role. Your key responsibilities will include, (but are not limited to):
- Internal month end processes including monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of the monthly Group consolidation
- Support with AASB 16 lease management
- Assist with year-end including the preparation of financial statements and liaising with external auditors
- Preparation and lodgement of BAS & year-end tax effect accounting
- Assist with initiatives to improve & automate processes and drive efficiencies
- Assist the financial control team in research and analysis of technical accounting advice to implement best practice accounting policies and procedures
- Ad-hoc projects and analysis to support the team
What’s in your toolkit?
- CA/CPA qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce or Accounting
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Keen to improve processes and build efficiency
- Self-motivated with a pro-active approach
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Prior experience with SAP, GST and tax effect accounting is advantageous
Want to work at 7-Eleven? - Good Call!