Title: Financial Accountant
Company Name: Carl Zeiss Pty Ltd
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Ryde & Macquarie Park, macquariepark
Employment Status: Full Time
- Macquarie Park location with on-site parking
- Flexible working environment
- World leading Optics Company
ZEISS has been an international leader in the fields of optics and optoelectronics for over 170 years. ZEISS Australasia offers market leading products in the Microscopy, Medical Technology and Consumer Optics industries and we are proud of our strong brand.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant – Team Leader, this role will be responsible for all key accounting functions within the Vision Care business group of ZEISS Australia & New Zealand. This will include management reporting enhancement, statutory and corporate reporting, internal control development and profitability analysis.
Key responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, variance analysis). Ensure compliance in accordance with IFRS accounting standards
- Prepare management reports, including but not limited to reporting on revenue and operating expenditure with insights and analysis of business drivers (financial and non-financial) with a view of cost control/optimisation
- Effectively communicate outcomes of analysis and insights to relevant stakeholders, to influence decision making
- Track performance to strategic KPI’s and collaborate with the business to identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop strong relationships with relevant stakeholders to embed financial analysis in decision making
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
- Liaise with external auditors including providing responses to queries
- Undertake ad-hoc projects and analysis as required. Drive process excellence in Finance by removing duplication of effort, consolidating activities and efficient utilisation of technology
- Provide finance related support to other business groups (Medical Technology & Research Microscopy Systems) within the ZEISS group when required
Requirements for Success:
- Accounting Degree or equivalent accounting education
- CA or CPA qualified or working towards it
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar commercial environment role
- Sound knowledge of SAP, intermediate-advanced experience using Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and establish priorities to effectively meet deadlines
- Able to work in a team environment
How to Apply:
If you have the required skills and passion to join our team, click on ‘Apply for this job’ and follow the prompts to complete the application.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please forward your CV and Cover Letter to the
Attention of ZEISS Human Resources at [email protected] [link removed]