Title: Financial Accountant
Company Name: EcoFi
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, sydney
Employment Status: Full Time
About the business
The Shared Economy of Finance.
EcoFi’s mission is to provide SMEs with a flexible, world class finance team that is affordable, forward thinking and delivers the actionable insights they need to maximise revenue, profit and cash flow;
EcoFi utilises the dynamics of the shared economy to provide SMEs with access to a fully functioning finance team at a price point they can afford. The CFO and FP&A Manager focus on the top-level strategic initiatives, whilst being supported by a Financial Accountant, technology and specialist skills to complete data processing and reporting effectively and efficiently;
This approach ensures that the right resources are allocated to the right tasks. As a result, the day-to-day accounting is done seamlessly, whilst strategic opportunities are identified and acted on.
The unique structure of this role means you will get an intimate understanding of a handful of businesses, which range from a tech scale-up, to a well-established foundation, all the way through to a company listed on the ASX.
This provides variety whilst being an integral team member of the businesses you work with.
You will be working directly with and mentored by:
- A CFO who has over 20 years of experience across large business and successful technology start-ups; and
- A Financial Planning & Analysis Manager who has held senior positions in the investment banking industry and has applied those skills in helping SMEs.
The role is focused on enhancing the Financial Planning & Analysis capability of each business and improving the efficiency of the Financial Accounting function. As a result, there is a mix of project work, which develops clear concise repeatable reporting that you will prepare for the board and owners of the businesses to assist them when making key strategic decisions.
You will provide insights that help drive top line revenue growth, profitability, and cash flow management.
Please note that key responsibilities differ across the clients, dependent on the internal finance resources the business has and the key focus of our engagement. Responsibilities can include any of the following:
- Lead month-end close, prepare monthly consolidated financial statements and board reports;
- KPI reporting and variance analysis;
- Project and product profitability reporting and analysis;
- Prepare cashflow forecasts and assist with cashflow management;
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets or re-forecasts and variance analysis against actuals;
- Accounting systems review and implementation;
- Implement systems to automate and streamline bookkeeping processes;
- Implementation and maintenance of business intelligence tools and reporting systems;
- Compile supporting material for government grant applications i.e. R&D and EMDG;
- Process monthly journal entries;
- Issue monthly invoices and manage accounts receivable;
- Process Accounts Payable invoices and payments;
- Prepare bank reconciliations;
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Prepare Business Activity Statements;
- Compile supporting information for FBT returns;
- Assist with annual audit and financial statement preparation;
- Assist tax advisors with annual tax return preparation;
- Process and manage the payroll function;
- Other ad-hoc accounting, technical questions, and administration functions.
Your Skills and Experience
- Professional accounting qualification i.e. CA or CPA qualified;
- Strong technical background that laid the foundation for your Financial Reporting skills which have been developed in more recent roles;
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks across different clients;
- An innate ability to identify key drivers and commercial opportunities that improve the performance of a business, with the desire to develop these skills further;
- System implementation experience would be favourable;
- Highly motivated, with a thirst for knowledge and looking for career progression.
How to Apply
- Send your resume with a cover letter addressing three of the Skills and Experience points above to “[email protected]” with the subject line “YOUR NAME wants to work at EcoFi”
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as a financial accountant?Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?