Title: Financial Accountant
Company Name: Hays Accountancy & Finance
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, mentone
Employment Status: Full Time
Large international FMCG market leader based in Mentone seeking an immediate start Financial Accountant
Your new company
Large international FMCG market leader based in Mentone seeking an immediate start Financial Accountant.
Your new role
Reporting into the Finance Manager the role includes the following important tasks -
- Ensure financial month-end & year-end closing including moth-end journals, balance sheet, and general ledger reconciliations.
- Calculation and Entry of Monthly Accrual Journals where necessary
- Monthly Lodgement of BAS/GST for Australia and New Zealand
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management and financial reports
- Assist in developing and maintaining monthly internal reports
- Assist in reporting tools to ensure risk control within the business
- Assist and liaise with external auditors for the year-end closing
- Participate in different financial projects - Eg. new ERP system.
- Ensure daily operation of accounts payable & account receivable administration and reporting (including intercompany loan and intercompany reconciliations)
- Continuously monitoring of sales processes
- Verification of the discounts in the different systems
- Responsible for the sales administration and registration system
- Registration and evaluation and approval of all sales related documents (eg. invoices, CN)
- Manage cash flow & Bank reconciliations
- Fixed asset register Management
What you'll need to succeed
- Someone who as a strong background in financial accounting. Ability to be hands on covering for colleagues work if they are on leave.
- CPA/CA part qualified or newly qualified
- FMCG/retail or experience from a stock related business
- Attention to detail
- Present well to stakeholders
- Process improvement focused
- Fit in with a friendly, close knit, forever changing and fast paced environment
What you'll get in return
- 90k + super permanent role
- Development opportunity
- Great team culture
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to [email protected] or call Cameron Joyce on 9804 5313 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.