Title: Financial Accountant
Company Name: HOBAN Recruitment
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Western Suburbs,
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
About the role:
Our client delivers a Justice and community safety system that works to build a safer, fairer and stronger Victoria. Due to a demanding work schedule they are seeking an experienced Financial Accountant for a six month temporary position to join the team to assist with delivering core financial reporting and financial systems advice to clients.
This role is temporary for 6 months and it is a VPS4 paying approximately $55 per plus superannuation (inlusive of casual loading).
- Month end, mid year and year-end reporting including audit requirements
- Reconciliations, analysing and monitoring of portfolio financial data
- Liaise with and provide financial analysis and accounting advice to both internal and external stakeholders including Government entities eg. Victorian Auditor-General's Office, Department of Treasury and Finance
- Maintain compliance with Australian Accounting Standards, Financial Management Act, Standing Directions, Resource Management Framework
- Coordination of key updates and their circulation to users for the department's accounting policies, procedures and forms
- Assist with other adhoc tasks as required
- Understanding of public sector financial management and associated policies, practices and procedures
- Previous experience in a similar role within a State or Fedearal Government department is essential
- CPA/CA qualifications
- Working knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards, Financial Management Act, Standing Directions, Resource Management Framework, Financial Reporting Directions and other binding accounting pronouncements is essential
- Previous demonstrated knowledge of Oracle in particular the GL module and SRIMS is highly regarded
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills and experience(Pivot tables, Vlook ups, formulas)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly detailed
- Conceptual and methodical
Benefits to you:
- Work with a highly regarded State Government organisation
- Flexible work arrangements (work from home)
- 6 month temporary role
- Value add role
Looking for an April start until September - apply now and don's miss out!
At HOBAN we embrace diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity. We welcome and encourage applications from people from all backgrounds.
We provide reasonable adjustments; including alternate formats to the recruitment process for individuals with disability. If you require an adjustment to be made during the recruitment process, please email [email protected] or visit hoban.com.au/adjustments.