Title: Financial Accountant
Company Name: Longtail UX Pty Ltd
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, sydney
Employment Status: Full Time
We’re looking for an experienced and proactive financial accountant to work closely with our Senior Finance Manager in this newly created role. We have ambitious growth plans which you will be an integral part of helping us to achieve. You’ll be responsible for or involved in all of our accounting activities and software, including periodic reporting, budgeting, tax & cash management, invoicing, ESOP tracking, equity tables, term sheets and some financial planning and analysis. It’s a wide-ranging role with significant growth potential.
Embracing our company values is a key requirement of the role:
- Driven: We’re looking for someone who shows a can-do attitude in everything they take on. When you’re using your initiative, mistakes will be part of the gig - just so long as you’re willing to take direction, venture outside your comfort zone, and develop your skill set.
- Transparent: can work independently with excellence, but also proactively invites feedback so you can learn from your efforts
- Game Changers: always looking for new ways to lend support and to boost team efficiencies
- Collaborative: Loves to work in a close, fast-paced and supportive team
- We Care: at Longtail UX, we place a strong focus on collective success and in this role, you have a great opportunity to contribute to an awesome, genuinely supportive team culture
Reporting directly to our Senior Finance Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Expert management of our accounting data, software, and workflows
- Enhance our billing processes and invoices to delight clients and ensure timely payment
- Improve our chart of accounts to facilitate deeper business analysis and insights
- Establish, document, and apply best practices across all accounting functions and reports
- Enhance cash generation through effective receivables and payables management
- Conduct regular bank reconciliations and help to optimise cash management
- Support capital raises with the required data for term sheets and cap tables
- Run payroll and invoicing processes to a very high degree of accuracy and timeliness
- Manage tax optimisation, payments, and reporting, including BAS, IAS, and FBT
- Manage recurring reporting and review processes, such as annual reports and audits
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements, including ASIC & AASB
- Support equity processes, such as share transactions, ESOP, dividends, conversions, etc.
- Help manage and develop company valuation model, working closely with CFO
- Develop central source of truth for all accounting practices in Confluence
- Become proficient in our project management software, Asana
You’re perfect for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a business with at least $50 million in revenue annually
- CPA/CA and bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or similar discipline are required
- Demonstrated ongoing study through certifications, industry events, or professional associations
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate complex data into basic conclusions
- Ability to predict and control risks as well as identify opportunities
- Experience with ESOPs, capital raises, and other financial transactions
- Expert abilities in MS Excel and a variety of enterprise software applications
- Experience working with Xero (or similar) and migration to enterprise resource applications
- A dynamic and collaborative style and desire to improve efficiency and automation
- Fluent English verbal and written communication skills
- Current Aussie working rights and living in Sydney
About Longtail UX (“LUX”):
With our patented ecommerce technologies, we help our clients deliver a superior customer experience to dramatically improve their online revenue generation. Smart companies are using LUX to completely reimagine what’s possible in terms of acquiring new customers online at a compelling and measurable ROI.
We work with clients around the world, including some of Australia's best-known brands across retail, peer-to-peer marketplaces, finance and travel, including Myer, Graysonline, Catch Group, Dan Murphy’s, Adore Beauty and many others. Our international business is also growing quickly, with established clients across the US, Europe, Japan and Latin America, including international brands like Kewpie, Ssense and Adevinta Group.
LUX was co-founded by an Ex-Googler and is backed by well-known institutional investors, including Investec and W23, the investment-arm of Woolworth’s Group. We have a hard-working and super fun team that strongly values diversity while generating exceptional value for clients.
We value our people, and work hard to make sure that every day in the office is a good one. We encourage idea sharing, support personal development, celebrate achievements and appreciate there is life outside of work - and we are growing quickly, so there is ample opportunity for personal career growth too.
If this sounds like the ideal next step in your career, send us your CV and Cover Letter, explaining why this job sounds like a great fit for you!
For more information, please contact Angela Morrow, People Operations Manager: [email protected]
Please note, we are currently receiving a high volume of applicants for the roles we advertise so may only contact you if you are successful at the initial stage of our recruitment process.
** To all recruitment agencies: Longtail UX does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our contact alias, Longtail UX employees or any other company location. Longtail UX is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?How many years of accounting experience do you have?Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?What's your expected annual base salary?