Title: Financial Accountant
Company Name: Minjar Gold Pty Ltd
Job Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth, westperth
Employment Status: Full Time
Minjar Gold is a privately owned Australian gold explorer, developer and producer who has been operating since 2009. We are focused on gold exploration and production in both Western Australia and Queensland. The company currently has a plan to develop into a mid-tier gold producer with an active growth strategy in place towards achieving that goal.
Due to continued growth within our organisation, we are actively seeking an experienced Financial Accountant to join our corporate office located in West Perth.
About the role:
Working within a team of 5 and reporting to the Financial Controller, this role will ensure compliance and reporting for the following key areas: capital projects; fixed assets; tenements; stock and inventory; exploration and evaluation; mine development; and rehabilitation provision accounting.
Duties and responsibilities will include to:
To be successful in this role you will ideally possess:
- Responsibility for project and corporate reporting for the Minjar Group.
- Direct responsibility for liaising with our parent company on reporting and information requests.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports and general ledger reconciliations.
- Assist with EOM journals, reconciliations, and review.
- Identify improvements in internal controls and review control effectiveness.
- Manage fixed asset register, capital-in-progress and assist in the coordination of asset counts.
- Assist in lodgement obligations with the ATO and other government authorities such as BAS, FBT, payroll tax, withholding tax and government royalties.
- Manage the accounting for exploration and evaluation, mine development and rehabilitation provision.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Master Chart of Account and project hierarchy to meet business needs.
- Preparation of annual consolidated financial statements and coordinating external and internal audits.
- Preparation of cash flow reports and forecasts.
- Supporting the business with the annual budget and periodical forecast process.
- Assisting with the development of accounting policies and procedures.
- Providing accounting system support with upgrades and development.
Culture and Benefits:
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Commerce or Finance
- Completed CPA, CA or ICA
- Ideally 5 years professional accounting firm experience in audit or business services
- Experience within mining and mine operations – highly desirable
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Advance application skills in Pronto or similar ERP system
- Ability to speak Mandarin - highly regarded
With a strong growth strategy in place in a progressive, vibrant culture where your skills can truly make a difference, this is a great opportunity to join a growing mining company and to play a role in developing a culture of excellence that motivates and inspires those around you.
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work and reside in Australia.
If you feel you have the skills, qualifications and experience necessary, you can apply now by clicking on the APPLY