Title: Financial Accountant | NSW Government
Company Name: SB Recruitment Pty Ltd
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, sydney
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
Our client is an Organisation within the NSW Government that prioritises efficient services across our state and supports local and state government agencies to deliver infrastructure initiatives. Each business unit operates to the best of their ability with skilled and passionate staff that work hard on projects in order to better our community.
Future growth in NSW is key for this organization and at the heart of their business is innovation, future-focused learning and increasing the use of emerging technologies to better their industry.
- Build valuable experience within a respected Government organization!
- Opportunity to move into a new role ASAP both WFH and from their CBD office!
- Initial 4 month contract with possibility to extend!
In this versatile Financial Accountant role, will be mainly responsible for the following duties:
- Providing services relating to compliance-based financial reporting, auditing, insolvency and accounting information systems
- Preparing interim and annual statutory financial statements
- Providing advice, training and support to key stakeholders to build and ensure capability
- Contributing to the development, review and documentation of accounting policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance and improve performance
- Contributing to the preparation of various financial reports and submissions including business cases, briefing notes, financial statements and cabinet minutes
- Providing input for reports, application of charts of accounts and financial key performance indicators
- Monitoring, and analysing financial systems and databases to generate reports
To be successful in this role, you must have experience in the following areas:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar compliance focused Financial Accountant role
- CPA/CA qualifications
- SAP and Advanced Excel is a must
- Previous experience in with internal audit and compliance will be highly advantageous
- NSW Government experience is beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
How to apply…..
Be quick to apply for this exciting contract role! Please email [email protected] any questions or apply directly through Seek.
Please be advised only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.