Title: Financial Accountant
Company Name: People2people - Brisbane
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane,
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
about the company
Well established both domestically and internationally, this ASX listed business operates in the project space, with a history of delivering strong results for their customers and stakeholders. Due to maternity leave, our client is now seeking an experienced Financial Accountant with a strong EOM focus to join their high-performance team.
about the role
Reporting through to the FC and working within a small team, this role will require a minimum commitment of 12 months. This is a broad role with a strong end of month focus and the opportunity to get involved in other aspects of the finance function for the business within a collaborative team. Your primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:-
- Preparation and delivery of accurate month-end result, closing general ledger within required timeframes
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed by set deadlines within set tolerances
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
- Liaise with external auditors, ABS and ATO
- Assist with preparation of year end statutory accounts
- Gather, interpret and compile account trends and date to create financial reports
- Work with Senior Accountant to help ensure month end reporting is completed within deadlines
- Processing of all monthly journal entries, including accruals and prepayments
- Liaising with the Asset department to ensure items are capitalised in a timely manner
- Approval of payroll, supplier and taxation payments
- Accurately maintaining the fixed asset register
- Preparation and lodgment of BAS returns and, when required, assist FC with all other direct and indirect tax obligations,
- Active support of year-end process, including dealing with audit queries, preparation of audit files and assisting with notes to the financial statements.
- Complying with relevant legislation and regulations (e.g. Superannuation Guarantee, ATO, State Taxes, workers compensation, etc.)
- Monitoring and reporting on accounting/payroll discrepancies
- Keeping up to date with financial policies, practices and regulations
- Assist the FC, GM Shared Services & CFO with all aspects of the company financials (as required
Ideally CA or CPA qualified (or nearing completion), you will have previous experience looking after the end to end month end process for a business, working accurately to tight deadlines. You will have strong excel, excellent verbal and non-verbal communication. Previous Pronto experience is highly regarded.
what’s on offer?
An initial 12-15 month commitment, this is a great role for someone to come in with a handover and then take ownership of their role. If the right candidate demonstrates the capability and great attitude, there may be the opportunity for longer term engagement, dependant on their projects at the time.
Working as a key member of the finance team, you will have the opportunity to work across the finance function and get involved across projects and get more involved across the technical accounting of an ASX (if that is an area of interest). Based in the western suburbs, onsite parking and a flexible start/ finish time is available. Client is also happy to wait a notice period.