Title: Financial Accountant, Regulatory Reporting
Company Name: Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney,
Employment Status: Full Time
Allianz is the home for Financial Professionals who dare to stand tall behind their ideas.
Does being one of many different backgrounds appeal to you?
Due to business growth, we have a newly created Financial Accountant opportunity within our Regulatory Reporting team in the Finance Division. Reporting into the Manager Regulatory Reporting the primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for regulatory reporting obligations for Allianz Australia's (ALL) licensed entities.
You'll be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Ensuring all regulatory returns to APRA, Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), New Zealand Statistics are prepared in accordance with regulatory requirements and submitted on time
- Actively participating in the projects to implement changes in regulatory reporting process driven by regulatory requirements changes, new Accounting standards and business acquisitions, ensuring appropriate and robust controls are in place
- Supporting capital adequacy monitoring, APRA prudential reviews, ARPA supervisory activities, review meetings with rating agency.
Important to your success:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting or a relevant discipline and CPA/CA qualified or studying towards
- Experience in performing APRA/regulatory reporting function in a medium to large Finanical services organisation
- Knowledge of Accounting standards and APRA prudential standards
- High attention to details by completing tasks with thoroughness and accuracy and the ability to quickly identify errors or inconsistencies within information
- The ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with diverse team members.
- Demonstrated evidence of technical proficiency with systems, software, databases, reporting and communication tools.
What's on offer?
- We are passionate about doing things differently, so feel confident to speak up and challenge status quo
- We embrace change and are committed to transforming the industry so our customers can live life to the fullest
- Your team will go out of their way to ensure you're able to be the best you can be - personally and professionally
- Feel supported to push your capabilities and explore new ideas with leaders who are open, transparent and encouraging
- When you grow, we grow - that's why no-one will get in your way of how far, wide, or high you want to push your career
- Learn through being supported and encouraged to take on new challenges that will help you to develop new skills
Allianz is an equal opportunity employer and therefore welcomes applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
Diversity of minds is an integral part of Allianz' company culture. One means to achieve diverse teams is a regular rotation of Allianz Executive employees across functions, Allianz entities and geographies. Therefore, the company expects from its employees a general openness and a high motivation to regularly change positions and collect experiences across Allianz Group.
If you dare, there's an opportunity for you at https://www.allianz.com.au/careers/