Title: Financial Accountant
Company Name: The Hassett Group
Job Location: Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employment Status: Full Time
ABOUT THE COMPANY AND ROLE
With a unique product offering, our client is an ASX listed business that operates within the Pharmaceuticals Industry. With an extremely optimistic and prosperous outlook, the need has arisen for a commercially minded and technically capable Financial Accountant to join the team. The business is currently experiencing a period of sustained growth.
This role is an exciting opportunity to provide commercial support to the CFO and the wider finance function. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- To provide the CFO with analytical support in assessing various commercial, business improvement and M&A initiatives the business may be considering across all facets to the business – corporate, R&D, manufacturing, and marketing/branding;
- Assist the management team in setting project budgets, in setting forecasts and reporting variances to forecast for key business areas;
- To ensure the accuracy of the general ledgers of the Australian parent company and its wholly owned overseas subsidiaries with adherence to international reporting standards;
- Assist in preparing the consolidated cash flow statement for public disclosure to the ASX each quarter;
- Prepare monthly internal financial management reports for presentation to the Board of Directors;
- To monitor and track all purchase ordering, expenditure approvals, cash outflows, ensuring adherence to internal controls and an efficient accounts payable function; And
- Manage the monthly staff payroll processing function, including salaries, superannuation, employer tax, foreign social security and workers compensation obligations.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Strong focus on commercial matters and prioritising the important matters over the more immaterial;
- Proven ability to develop and manage budgets and initiate proactive analysis such as financial models, costings and policies;
- Well developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills for liaising across a broad cross section of personnel within the business, including senior Management and with external parties;
- Solid technical accounting skills and understanding of accounting standards;
- Demonstrated ability to operate as an effective team member;
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with internal/external contacts;
- High level organisational skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines; And
- Excellent attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY
- Be tertiary qualified in a relevant Commerce / Business discipline and be qualified in either the CA or CPA programs;
- Possess intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills;
- Exposure to Quickbooks, Sage, Xero or similar accounting system.
and attach your current resume and cover letter. Please be advised our screening process will take approximately 3 to 5 business days from the date this job was posted.