Title: Financial Accounting Manager
Company Name: u&u. Recruitment Partners
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Ryde & Macquarie Park,
Employment Status: Full Time
- $140,000 - $145,000 Package
- Lead, coach and develop a team of four Financial Accountant's
- 40% Technical 60% business partnering & stakeholder management
I love working on new jobs that excite me! This is a fantastic opportunity to get in with an emerging FMCG business in a true leadership feeder-role. The position already plays a key role within finance but is often earmarked as a launching pad into other corporate, commercial or strategic finance roles. Case and point, I'm recruiting for this now because the incumbent is moving on up!
The business is quite the success story with a jaw-dropping J-curve. Growth has been both organic and via acquisition (smart ones, thankfully), and I have no doubt you could be here for ten years and enjoy quite the career.
The role will take responsibility for leading a team of four financial accountants, each a dedicated partner to a particular business. The core focus here is on the balance sheet (no P&L), and you will ensure the delivery of the month-end reporting pack for each business. Duties will cover:
- Coordination and review of month-end accounting activities and reporting for each division;
- Review and completion of some of the more complex balance sheet reconciliations;
- In liaison with group tax, review of the tax-sensitive accounts;
- Review settlement of intercompany transactions;
- Be a driving force in half-year and year-end;
- BIG FOCUS: be the person holding the business relationships with the GM's. 60% of the role is business partnering and helping them understand business performance; and
- BIG FOCUS: Coach, lead, develop, mentor your four staff. Help them with career mapping within the organisation and understanding what gets them to the next role.
- CA or CPA qualified;
- FMCG/ Consumer Goods experience or similar (inventory driven business) is highly desirable;
- Demonstratable and strong leadership skills. I want examples of leadership in action and developing staff;
- SOX experience is a big plus. Highlight this!
- Someone familiar with big data sets and ideally exposure to BI/Visualisation tools (Tableau would be geat);
- Excellent communication and natural stakeholder management skills. You will get it from all sides in this role. If you're not comfortable being an escalation point and dealing with senior leadership while taking a firm position, this role isn't for you; and
- We want someone who's going to challenge processes and is always looking out for continuous improvement initiatives. Don't just tell me you do this; throw me some examples.
How to Apply
For more information or a confidential discussion please call Liam Hassell at u&u on 02 8245 7917 quoting reference number 22086 or alternatively, click to apply. We look forward to receiving your application and assisting you with your job search.
Please submit your resume in Word format only.