Title: Financial Controller
Company Name: Great Wrap
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, southmelbourne
Employment Status: Full Time
Great Wrap is on a mission to rid the world of plastic cling wrap and pallet wrap. We are designing and creating products that are transforming the future of packaging, today.
This position is for someone who wants to build something from the ground up. We have built a well recognised brand and are now leaving our stamp on manufacturing in Australia. We have a global vision and are taking all of the right steps to get there.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
You will work closely with us, the co-founders, as well as the operations, logistics and production teams.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Design and maintain a databook that analyses all key financial and operational data points on a monthly basis
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CA, CPA [link removed] or CMA preferred
- Experience in raising capital with rigorous due diligence
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Is an independent thinker and can solve problems on the run
In return for your passion and dedication we will offer a competitive salary and ESOP so that you can help us grow the company over the years to come.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as a financial controller?Do you have experience using Xero?