Title: Financial Controller I Innovative Multinational I $195K package plus STI
Company Name: ThompsonCook | We Only Do Accounting
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs,
Employment Status: Full Time
This is a very exciting opportunity for a finance executive to join the leadership team of this industry leading global company.
You will be a direct report to the GM with a dotted line to the CFO and you will work with a collegiate team of peers to lead the finance function. An exciting element of this role will be the opportunity to influence the structure and dynamics of the finance function throughout Asia.
You will be given a lot of autonomy and responsibility with a clear mandate to exercise your initiative and drive change within the finance function.
If you are a dynamic finance professional who has extensive industry experience leading Finance functions for Manufacturing and/ or FMCG sectors within medium to large sized multinational enterprise environments, this could be a genuine opportunity to make a real long-term difference to the future landscape of the business. In turn, the opportunity can provide you with a platform in consolidating your leadership skills and promote your career advancement working within a stable market leader with global reach.
Working closely with the GM, you will use your finance skill in this multi-functional role that is responsible for the complete financial management of all group entities. Leading a medium sized team, you will be responsible for:
- Providing support and guidance to the ELT on all financial and management accounting matters and the associated implications for the region;
- Accurate and timely preparation of the annual and half-year reporting process including the statutory reporting schedule;
- Being the central point of contact for all financial advice across the business while leading the external auditing process;
- Responsible for the delivery of the budgets and forecasting periodically;
- Strategic analysis including deep dives with an aim to provide richer insights for key business decision making through business partnering with Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing;
- Focus on process improvement and simplification matters;
- Management of external auditors and tax advisers;
- Developing, leading and motivating a team of talented accountants across transactional accounting, financial and management reporting
- Oversee acquisition accounting;
- Engaging with peer finance executives
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
The Next Step
- You are CPA or CA qualified;
- Strong financial and management reporting skill-set gained within a large global company, most likely this will have been in a group head office position;
- Possibly you are currently working as a Manager in a medium to large multinational and are now looking to take the next step in your career;
- You will have the presence and communication ability to interact with senior executives to genuinely influence key decision making;
- You have the ability to be part of dynamic commercial discussions and are happy being the finance point of contact with operational leaders
- Manufacturing/ FMCG and/or Import Distribution industry experience will be looked upon favourably.
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Nancy Zhou for a confidential discussion on 0417 257 628.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.