Title: Financial Controller
Company Name: Instant Steel Solutions
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, collingwood
Employment Status: Full Time
Instant Steel is a dynamic privately owned international steel trading company whom seek a progressive individual to join the team in a newly created role.
We have grown rapidly which has opened up a wonderful opportunity for the successful application to join an amazing close knit team who have like to have fun along the journey.
The business is located in Collingwood, Victoria, however, we have offices in Brisbane, Perth and China.
Qualifications & experience
- Experience working as a Finance Controller or similar role
- Bachelor Degree in accounting/commerce/finance
- CA or CPA qualification
- 10+ years in accounting experience
- Demonstrated capability in leading and managing a team
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills with high level proficiency in preparing reports and presentations
- Experience working with Foreign Currency and International Trade transactions desirable
Tasks & responsibilities
- Leadership and continued development of our Finance division
- Reporting and trend analysis on the business Cash Flow, P&L and Balance Sheet at executive level including preparation of briefing details to Directors
- Improving process, systems along with internal controls to increase efficiencies within the business
- Manage external relationships which include, bankers, suppliers, insurance and finance brokers along with external auditors
- Review existing finance, accounting and reporting practices and provide recommendations on continuous improvement
- Manage a small team of two within the Finance division which includes Trade Receivables
- Manage accounting records, evaluating risk and ensuring compliance with statutory regulations
Read Before Apply
How many years' experience do you have as a financial controller?How many years of people management experience do you have?How many years of managerial accounting experience do you have?