Title: Financial Controller
Company Name: MYM Consultancy
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire, sutherland
Employment Status: Full Time
Our Client is a well-known and highly regarded company in the air-conditioning and ventilation industry in Australia. They design, supply and install air-conditioning units in large scale commercial and domestic residential market. They also have a well-established service and maintenance division.
As they grow their business, they now have a need of an experienced financial controller who specializes in small to medium size business with a hands on approach.
The Financial Controller is responsible for all the accounting and financial operations of the Company and will be a key advisor to the senior management team.
This role heavily revolves around project accounting and producing monthly P&L by Projects will be one of the most critical KPI.
This role currently includes line management of 2 direct staff: Financial Accountant and Junior Accountant
In this hands-on role, your deliverables will include:
- Prepare monthly P&L by Project Reports
- Review all project related expenses, timesheets, contractor invoices, back orders etc.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
- Analyze financial results, develop and present key insights/findings and recommendations to senior management
- Prepare and monitor weekly and monthly cash flow analysis to allow the business to manage its short term and long-term cash flow
- The Financial Controller will oversee the operations of the Finance Team including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll.
- Manage all financial and tax submissions including BAS, PAYG, Payroll Tax etc
Financial Systems and Accounting Infrastructure
- Simpro and XERO are the main ERP system that are being used.
- Key requirement of this role is to learn the various BI reporting tools in Simpro.
- Create and generate monthly reports as per the requirements of senior management team.
- Assist the Group CFO and Managing Director with ad hoc projects
- Negotiate and manage all insurance policies within the business;
- Be the main point of contact for coordinating HR activities for the Group
- Be the main point of contact for coordinating IT activities for the Group
- Coordinating and supporting the warehouse manager in effective inventory management.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant (CA/CPA)
- 10+ years of post-qualification experience, including 5+ years of financial accounting supervisory responsibility within reputable SME, or equivalent senior role with accounting services organization.
- Controller or demonstrated equivalent experience required.
- Proven track record of managing a team
- The ability to innovate and work independently, driving multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines.
- Experience with Xero accounting software a plus.
- Experience with Simpro will be highly advantageous for this role.
Desirable Professional and Personal Characteristics
- High level of motivation, enthusiastic and proactive.
- Demonstrates initiative and a can-do attitude.
- Self-directed, self-reliant, self-sufficient, with an agile mindset.
- Excellent communication in verbal and written form, and ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships
- Exhibit a commercial mindset both in day to day work and willingness to go above the call of duty to get the job done
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive change
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as a financial controller?How many years of people management experience do you have?