Title: Financial Controller, Pacific
Company Name: CBRE
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane,
Employment Status: Full Time
Lead and manage the Financial Control Operations for CBRE in the Pacific region.
Global Commercial Real Estate Leader.
Hands-on leadership role to support the continued growth of the business.
Here’s a snapshot of your day;
- Effectively lead strong Financial Accounting, Corporate Services and Agency Trust Accounting Teams across Australia and New Zealand.
- Lead/manage month-end activities and reporting to ensure the delivery of accurate month-end results, in accordance with USGAAP, review and sign-off all Balance Sheet reconciliations and ensure that CBRE is fulfilling AFSL requirements.
- Lead/manage trust accounting activities to ensure all regulatory requirements have been satisfied including external audits.
- Overall responsibility for the annual Statutory accounts, ensure that quarterly and ad-hoc SOX and FCPA requirements are delivered, and ensure internal controls framework remains strong.
- Manage Key Financial Systems including improvements and associated implementations and upgrades.
- Build relationships with the Global Corporate accounting team, Global SOX team and regional finance and leadership teams.
- Development and delivery on initiatives to improve systems/processes including automation, e.g robotics and new system implementations.
Here are some of the strengths you’ll possess and the background you’ll need to be successful;
- Qualified Accountant (CA/CPA or equivalent) with minimum 8+ years post qualified experience.
- Previous recent experience in a similar role within a US GAAP or ASX controlled environment. Big 4 background will be highly advantageous.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial control, audit and internal controls.
- Well-developed leadership skills and the ability to lead and mentor teams located in Brisbane and offshore to drive best practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with regional finance teams, APAC Shared Services and global stakeholders.
- Experience with Peoplesoft, HFM, TM1, other ERP and financial reporting systems would be highly advantageous.
- High level of accuracy and ability to deliver when there are competing priorities.
- Solution orientated approach, sound judgement and passion for ongoing improvement in processes/systems.
- Ability to work within a matrix organisation and having the flexibility to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Can we inspire you to join us?
CBRE is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the business. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people, women, mature age workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Our employee advantage program reflects our commitment to progressing your learning and development, career, recognition, well-being, benefits, pay and community contribution.
We look forward to hearing from you.