Title: Financial Controller
Company Name: Royal Queensland Golf Club
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs, eaglefarm
Employment Status: Full Time
Royal Queensland Golf Club
Royal Queensland Golf Club is the premier Golf Club in Queensland and one of the finest in the Country, boasting the number one golf course in the State and a proud reputation of providing its Members and their guests with an outstanding level of service.
The Financial Controller is responsible for ensuring that all accounting and taxation functions are undertaken in compliance with legislative requirements with optimum efficiency and effectiveness for Royal Queensland Golf Club including the provision of professional support to the General Manager, Director of Golf, Course Manager, House Manager, Treasurer and the Board.
- Actively contribute to the planning, reporting and monitoring of the finances of the business.
- Oversee the timely and accurate lodgments of BAS, payroll, licensing and other required regulatory obligations.
- Overall management of accounts payable, payroll and inventory/invoice functions.
- Prepare monthly management reports including analysis of overall business performance, and financial position and review with the General Manager.
- Maintain critical business insurances and licensing
- Ensure financial controls and procedures are in place to manage business risk
- Identify cost saving opportunities
- Continuous improvement of business systems, data management and financial analysis and reporting
- Provide input into key commercial decisions to ensure the business can deliver within its means
In order to be successful in the role, you will have:
- High level written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with members and stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail with the ability to maintain detailed and accurate records
- A creative approach to problem solving
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- A history of working in a membership organisation would be highly desirable.
- A high level of computer literacy.
- An ability to perform required duties with a minimum level of supervision.
- CA / CPA Qualified (or in progress)
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
Read Before Apply
How many years of people management experience do you have?How many years' experience do you have with forecasting for businesses?Do you have experience using Xero?Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?