Title: Financial Controller
Company Name: The Metropolitan Golf Club
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs,
Employment Status: Full Time
The Metropolitan Golf Club, one of the premier clubs in Australia and located on Melbourne's famed Sandbelt, is looking for an experienced CA or CPA qualified Accountant to join its team. A host of numerous international events, including the 2018 World Cup of Golf, it provides a modern, progressive and interesting environment to learn and work.
Established in 1901, the Club has a proud and long history and is excited about future capital projects that will see further enhancements to its facilities.
The Club is looking for a professional who is hands-on and prepared to undertake tasks such a payroll processing and general ledger reconciliations, whilst at the same time having the capability to prepare capital management plans and provide high level advice to the Club's General Manager, Treasurer, Finance Committee and Board.
The successful applicant will ideally possess the following:
- CPA or CA qualification;
- Minimum of five years working in a senior Accountant's role;
- An ability to interpret Awards and legislation changes;
- High level of exposure and comfort with a variety of software systems. Experience with the club system, Northstar, would be advantageous;
- Ability to generate high level excel reports;
- Advanced report writing skills;
- Strong verbal communication skills and a proactive approach to sharing information;
- Project management experience and the ability to implement new systems;
- An interest in golf is preferred, but not mandatory;
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Preparation of BAS Returns, Group and Payroll Tax Returns, and FBT;
- Payroll processing and management including Superannuation returns and employee entitlements;
- Reconcile Bank, A/R, A/P General Ledger and Payroll accounts on a monthly basis;
- Develop and manage the budgeting process;
- Preparing monthly Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet;
- Asset Register management;
- Preparing cash flow projections, both short and long term;
- Assist the Club's Treasurer and General Manager in respect of periodic reports to the Club's Finance Committee, explaining the processes adopted and undertaken by management to keep under regular review the effectiveness of internal controls covering financial, operational & compliance;
- Strategic input into the financial and business needs of the Club;
- Play an active role in assisting management in the risk assessment process and embedding a risk management culture throughout the organisation. This includes being an active member of the Club's Occupational Health & Safety Committee;
- Preparation of the Annual Report in conjunction with the General Manager, Treasurer and the Club's auditors;
- Secretarial duties for the Club's Foundation. This includes attendance at meetings and management of their accounts;
- Liaise with key bank personnel regarding the Club's accounts, and loan facilities when required;
- Provide leadership to the administration team;
This is a long-term position and it is expected that the successful applicant will learn and develop an appreciation of the Club's history, while working with a progressive and dynamic team.
Meals, parking and a commitment to your ongoing education will also be provided. This is a tremendous opportunity for a self-motivated person who has the ability to work in a team environment.
Please send your cover letter and resume marked for the attention of the General Manager, Peter Paccagnan, by Friday 14 May 2021. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.