Title: Financial Controller
Company Name: Volaris
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs, brisbane
Employment Status: Full Time
What is unique about the role and Volaris?
You will work in a key strategic role in a Group structure - giving you access to leaders and best practices across the world, enhancing your existing knowledge & supporting your learning & development.
Our culture and environment are fun, down to earth and inclusive and we are passionate about continuous improvement, so you can really make your mark.
You’ll not only have the opportunity to make a key contribution to the way we run our Group businesses locally, but you’ll also be able to navigate your future career within the wider Volaris Group globally – the best of both worlds we think!
The O'Connor Group (“The Group”) is a group of Asia-Pacific based software companies that report into the broader Volaris organisation.
The Group presently incorporates five business units (“VBU’s”) across Australia and New Zealand and is aiming to expand by 2-3 new acquisitions per annum. The Finance team sits within the Group and offers M&A assistance and financial oversight for the Group and also shared financial services to the smaller VBUs that do not themselves have dedicated financial resources.
This role is responsible for delivering financial leadership to two of the smaller Brisbane based VBU’s managed by the Group's shared service and also providing financial services to other Group entities including assisting with the development and implementation of the finance strategy & budget, monitoring and reporting of performance to Group stakeholders, and delivery of operational financial support and finance subject matter expertise.
- Help implement the finance strategy and associated budget for the Group;
- Manage the reporting of the financial performance against agreed targets for VBUs managed by the shared service;
- Ensure the VBU’s are meeting the Volaris reporting requirements, and the accounting, fiduciary and statutory compliance requirements across the businesses within the Group;
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of the Group’s finance data;
- Finance functional partner to VBU Managers and their management teams within the Group;
- People management of the finance team within the Group; and
- Contribute as a key member of the VBU management teams.
What will you be doing day to day?
Implementing the finance strategy and associated budget for the Group, including:
- Monitoring & reporting of performance against the strategy & budget;
- Supervising and directing the shared service Finance Administration staff;
- Alignment to the agreed finance framework, processes, timelines, and templates to ensure compliance requirements are met;
- Establishing and meeting VBU Managers’ finance reporting requirements;
- Ensuring the Volaris finance reporting requirements are met for the Group including data accuracy & timelines;
- Delivering operational financial support & finance subject matter expertise to the VBU Managers and their Management Teams;
- Managing the accounting, fiduciary and statutory compliance reporting of each of the businesses to ensure requirements are met across the Group, including:
- Meeting statutory compliance requirements (e.g. Payroll tax, superannuation, etc.);
- Managing the budget modelling process & reporting;
- Management of AR/AP and payroll governance requirements; and
- Management of the general ledger requirements.
- Contributing to effective usage of the finance related systems across the Group to ensure business requirements can be met;
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the Group’s finance data;
- Early escalation of material business risks;
- Ensuring effective management of the cash flow within the Group; and
- Helping ensuring the Group’s scorecard metrics are met.
- Management of the finance function across the Group, including:
- Assisting with people management of direct reports including the attraction and retention, development & building capability, engagement, establishing scorecards, KPIs, & monitoring and measuring progress against these;
- Assisting with development of talent pipeline and succession planning to support the objectives of the finance function; and
- Overseeing the management of the Finance team to ensure they deliver the required finance activities, and outputs, and ensuring coverage of the finance function;
- Contribute to the development of repeatable, efficient, & effective Integration workflow, playbooks, & best practices for the finance function; and
- Contribute to contract and commercial reviews for the VBU team, including contract variations.
- Assist in Due Diligence and Financial Integration for M&A targets.
What do I need to be eligible to apply?
- CA Qualified
- 5-10 years proven experience
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent IT skills including high proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail, organisation and prioritization skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Be legally able to work in Australia
We are an equal opportunities employer in a fast growing and diverse environment with a strong commitment to your development.
If this sounds like a great fit to you please apply with your CV and a cover letter before the 16th May 2021.