Title: Full Time Accountant – Byron Bay NSW
Company Name: Byron Bay Supa IGA
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Lismore & Far North Coast, byronbay
Employment Status: Full Time
SUPA IGA in Byron Bay is seeking a full time Accountant. We demand at least 2 years of relevant experience and a minimum of a Bachelor qualification or equivalent in substantial experience. Salary of $65,000 - $70,000 + Super for this full-time position.
Tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile financial, accounting and auditing reports and tables for cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable, receivables and profits and losses.
- Prepare financial reports on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis as required by the ATO and the business directors.
- Preparing and lodging Business Activity Statements and Tax Returns as required by the ATO within the stipulated timeframe.
- Set accounting rules and internal policies to control budget and cashflow of the business
- Ensure that all the accounting compliances are adhered to as set by the ATO, the federal and the state governments
- Present reports to the directors, business managers and other business stakeholders which allow them to streamline and take decisions on business operational, budgetary and investment matters
- Organise and maintain chart of accounts, and updated monthly entries and adjustments, including ADP payroll entries and monthly accruals.
- Track the business cashflow by monitoring the income and expenses.
- Efficiently work on different cloud-based accounts, finance and banking systems such as MYOB/Xero and internal accounting software.
- Process and send monthly invoices to customers on standard billing cycle, including adjustments, credit memos and corrections.
- Reconcile all bank and credit card accounts monthly.
- Manage payroll and time and attendance systems across 60+ staff.
To successfully apply for this full-time role, you:
- Must have proven relevant experience for minimum 2 years in accounting (corporate accounting preferred).
- Will have relevant qualifications or a significant level of relevant experience (minimum Bachelor level qualification).
- Must be highly proficient in Accounting software
- Great at problem solving.
- Good leadership skills and able to work independently, critical thinker, and a can-do attitude.
- Attentive listening, writing and effective oral communication skills.
If you satisfy the above, please apply without hesitation along with a covering letter as to how your previous experience is related to our position and your availability to commence. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.