Title: Graduate Accountant
Company Name: Hockey Australia
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, eastmelbourne
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
About the business
Hockey Australia is the national governing body for the sport of Hockey, responsible for leading the growth and success of Hockey in Australia. Operating with the highest level of integrity, we drive participation by offering contemporary opportunities to play the game and through the delivery of world class events. We aim to provide the best possible high-performance program and facilities, in addition to unwavering support to our iconic national teams the Kookaburras and the Hockeyroos who will shortly be competing at the Olympic Games!
As a strong values-based organisation, our inclusive culture, employee benefits and commitment to learning and development, are the reason why we believe we are an employer of choice in the sporting industry.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a recent Business Graduate to provide accounting and administrative function support including responsibility for creditors, debtors and office administration for Hockey Australia and Hockey One. Reporting to the Finance Business Partner, the 2-year contract position is an important role that will engage with stakeholders both within HA and externally, to deliver accurate and timely accounting records.
- Maintain accurate, relevant and timely creditor and debtor accounting records, processing invoices, receipts and payments and upholding the Masterfiles
- Coordinate creditor batch payments by BPAY and EFT, based on budgeted payments each week ensuring payments are prioritised accordingly
- Monthly reconciliation of accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank accounts
- Corporate credit card facility administration including processing monthly acquittals and reconciliation
- Office administrative duties including stationery management, meeting catering, ordering office supplies, cleaning roster and arranging repairs & maintenance
- Business Uber account management
Benefits and Culture
Based near the MCG in East Melbourne, Hockey Australia is an exciting workplace to be a part of with progressive and passionate staff that embody the HA values. In addition, we offer a range of excellent benefits including workplace flexibility, learning and development opportunities, and retail discounts amongst other things.
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Recent graduate (0-2 years' experience) of degree in Commerce or Business, majoring in Accounting
- Approaches the role with energy and enthusiasm
- Highly self-motivated with an intrinsic desire to strive for excellence; shows initiative and wants to keep raising the bar and exceed expectations in a dynamic environment
- Very strong attention to detail
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills
- Genuine willingness to learn new skills via on the job training, committed to obtaining a CA/CPA qualification and taking on challenging projects
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills gained from previous work experience or community involvement.
- Team focused with an ability to work independently
- Able to build and maintain collaborative relationships with staff members across all departments
How to Apply
- If you would like to become part of the team, please submit your current resume and a covering letter outlining why you would be a good fit for Hockey Australia via Seek to Lauren Watt, GM – Finance, HR & Administration. Applications close Monday 5th April 2021.
- If you would like to view a complete Position Description, please email [email protected]
- Hockey Australia is a welcoming place where we seek to engage respectfully with people with diverse experiences and backgrounds. All applications are gratefully received, and applicants will be considered on their ability to do the job and alignment to our Values. In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?Do you have experience using Xero?How much notice are you required to give your current employer?