Title: Head of Corporate Finance
Company Name: Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, melbourne
Employment Status: Full Time
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
Metro Trains is currently looking for a highly experienced Head of Finance to join our leadership team. Reporting into the Executive Director of Finance and Commercial this role is responsible for leading a team of finance professionals whilst being responsible for the management of the company-wide financial processes and internal controls including financial accounting, management accounting, long term financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, tax and treasury.
As the Head of Finance you will be responsible for;
- Management of the long term financial planning process
- Management of the annual budgeting process as part of the overall company business planning process
- Management of monthly financial reporting to shareholders
- Management of the quarterly forecasting process
- Management of the financial accounting, tax and statutory compliance processes
- Management of company-wide management accounting
- Management of analytics and decision support for company-wide financial issues
- Management of the cash management cycle including transaction services, treasury and cashflow forecasting
- Management of the quality of the financial governance system
- Management of the quality of financial IT systems
- Management of financial accounting and analytics for other entities within the Group as required
In order to be successful you will possess the below;
- Degree qualification within and Accounting Discipline
- Minimum 10 years finance experience at senior management level in large organisations
- Ability to clearly communicate financial information to senior stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate with peers to drive business improvement
- Seeks Improvement: Consistently seeks opportunities for self and organisational improvement.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to liaise across all levels
- A customer centric approach; Holds internal and external customers at the core of all activities and makes decisions to deliver quality services, experiences and outcomes.
- Demonstrated Leadership experience: Leads by example to get the best out of self and others.
- Previous experience in leading and managing a team
- Previous experience in driving strategic direction:
- All Metro Employees receive a free Myki pass that allows free Public Transport in Victoria
- Metro supports work/life balance with opportunities to work from home on occasion
- Have a great impact on programs that will directly improve Melbourne’s suburban rail network whilst ensuring these developments do not come as a cost to our safe and cost-effective delivery of services
How to apply
Please submit your application by clicking ‘Apply Now’ by 6 May 2021