Title: Head of Group Financial Accounting & Consolidation
Company Name: QBE
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, sydney
Employment Status: Full Time
Head of Group Financial Accounting & Consolidation
Your part in a changing world
At QBE, we’re driven by our purpose – to give people the confidence to achieve their ambitions.
We are an international insurer and reinsurer offering a diverse portfolio of commercial, personal and specialty products, as well as risk management solutions. Our product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation. We employee a team of more than 11,800 people, in 27 countries around the world.
As the Head of Group Financial Accounting & Consolidation you are instrumental in supporting our senior management team in ensuring the delivery of the Group’s consolidated financial information. This individual will be a key liaison to the global finance teams and business process owners and will be responsible of the preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated statutory results. The individual will have substantial exposure to insurance industry accounting and reporting practices.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and yearly close and consolidation process, working closely with the appropriate stakeholders (divisional finance teams, actuarial, tax, treasury, investments and financial, planning & analysis).
- Manage the internal quarterly and annual financial reporting process including results of operations, specified disclosure items, balance sheet, cash flow and applicable analysis.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly reporting of Group Corporate Entity transactions and coordination of financial reporting deliverables.
- Serve as liaison with divisional finance teams to coordinate the timely retrieval of accounting reports and schedules and perform evaluation and analysis of same.
- Establish and manage financial reporting deadlines including communication of key close date calendar.
- Assist in reviewing earnings releases and related financial information, investor and analyst materials.
- Responsible for financial compliance and control, including engaging with the external and internal auditors
- Assisting in special projects, ad hoc analysis and other requests from management.
- Manage staff’s day-to-day responsibilities, coaching and mentoring, identifying professional development needs and training opportunities, and annual performance evaluations.
Your story so far
- Strong financial accounting background (CA/CPA or equivalent) with demonstrated continuous professional development in line with the requirements of own professional accounting body.
- Minimum 10 years of practical experience in financial reporting environments.
- Excellent technical accounting skills including a sound understanding of Australian and International reporting standards.
- Proven strong leadership skills and can lead by example.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry and insurance products
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capability with an ability to work systematically through complex matters and positively influence outcomes.
- Proven ability in managing information systems including the extraction of relevant data and building financial models to report accurate results.
- Self-motivated and ability to work towards positive outcomes with minimum guidance
- Strong skills in excel, word, powerpoint and the ability to quickly become highly efficient in the use of new systems.
We are here to support you
We are proud to have been Voted #5 in the 2019 Top 20 Australian Workplaces for New Dads (HBF Direct Advice for Dads) and we achieved Gold Employer status in both the 2019 and 2020 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI). We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance.
As a QBE employee, we will offer you:
- [email protected] leave to enhance your work/life integration
- Our ‘At My Best’ wellbeing program, which includes a free 12-month subscription to Headspace
- Access to ‘Share the Care’ – 12 weeks’ flexible leave for new parents inclusive of paid superannuation
- The ability to maximise retirement savings through voluntary super contributions and company matching
- Income protection insurance and reimbursed Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance premiums
- Access to REACH My Best - free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, financial and legal advice and confidential counselling
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services
Click APPLY now. Successful applicants will need to complete work rights, police and credit checks through our online provider as a condition of employment.
QBE recognise the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements or you would like to connect with one of our networks please contact us at [email protected]