Title: HSE Safety Trainee
Company Name: Robert Walters
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, summerhill
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
- 6-month, full-time contract
- Working for a well known company who centres the National energy Market
- Based in Summer Hill and various site locations
About the Company:
Our client is a leader in the National Energy Market here in Australia. A well known company that works to manage and operate the high voltage transmission network connecting generators, distributors and major end users.
The client is seeking a HSE Safety Trainee to join their team to support the Project HSE BP and wider Project Management Team. This role is a key position that will help in all aspects of implementing and administrating project HSE requirements.
- Support the Project HSE BP & Project Teams with all HSE related matters
- Support the application and implementation of legislative standards, HSE compliance & standards
- Support Site Management team with all WHS Safety issues, investigations, breaches and compliance
- Review Safe Work Method Statements across the team
- Assist with HSE meetings and training sessions
- Work closely with a dedicated team to implement all HSE management plans for each project
- Be a point of contact for employees on HSE enquiries and HSE related topics
- Assist with the role out of internal initiatives around HSE & WHS
Previous Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate is someone who has experience within the HSE space, specifically within Infrastructure Construction Projects.
- Proven experience and knowledge of requirements of WHS and environmental legislation alongside knowledge of relevant Codes of Practice, Australian and International Standards and Guidelines
- Strong enthusiasm to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use IT Systems (specifically MS Teams)
- Experience working on Infrastructure Construction Projects or Electrical Infrastructure Construction Projects is a bonus
- Current Drivers Licence
- Certificate IV in WHS
- Incident Investigation qualifications (ICAM) is desirable
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply. To apply please click apply or call Emily Hadzipasic on 02 8423 1005 for a confidential discussion.