Title: Internal Audit Assistant
Company Name: Private Advertiser
Job Location: Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Employment Status: Full Time
As an Internal Audit Assistant in the Internal Audit department the key responsibilities are assisting the Head of Audit to conduct audits over all of the Branch’s business activities as per the scope of the approved annual audit plan.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assist with evaluating business activities of departments to ensure that such activities are compliant with the authorizations provided by HO and the local regulatory authorities.
- Assist with reviewing current branch frameworks, policies, procedures and management processes, to ensure that these are consistent with local prudential requirements and HO policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the ownership of appropriate prudential standards, rules and guidelines (both from HO and local regulatory authorities) to relevant department heads and staff and via periodic formal audit reviews and regular gap analysis checks, monitor their compliance thereof.
- Assist with report to and provide advice on internal audit issues to the Branch General Manager, RC and to all staff generally
- A regular monitoring of relevant legislation and regulatory prudential standards, rules and guidelines (Including regulators’ respective websites) to remain aware of legal compliance requirements on a continuing basis
- Ensuring that the operation of the branch complies with laws and other regulatory provisions of HO
- Liaising with Head Office Internal Audit Bureau and assisting HO inspection visits, and assist external auditors in their audit of the branch.
- Tertiary qualification such as an undergraduate degree in business or accounting
- A minimum of 1 year related experience in the audit firms or banking industry.
- Strong understanding of banking operations of Front, Middle and Back Office
- High level understanding of HO IA, compliance and risk frame works
- Understanding of Australian financial market and regulatory framework
- A broad knowledge of financial products and services of Front Office
- IA experience including hands-on experience in conducting IA reviews and implementing findings and recommendations.
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Good communicator in English and Mandarin at all levels is highly recommended.
- Travel may required, 1 time per year depends on the business arrangements.
- Understanding of IT audit is a plus but not essential.