Title: Junior Accountant
Company Name: Abacus Human Capital
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, Northern Suburbs,
Employment Status: Full Time
About the Organisation:
This small boutique firm is located in Northlakes in a convenient and accessible location with parking. The firm has a family-friendly environment and the Director and owner is a genuinely lovely person to work with. With a consistently growing client base, you will be directly exposed to clients. The Director will trust you with their clients and will give you a lot of autonomy to do your work in a convenient way. With support from the office, this is an incredible opportunity to become a key contributor in a small office environment.
As a Junior Accountant, you will be trained and exposed to small to medium clients to provide tax services and solutions. It is important to have good basic technical knowledge about general tax returns individuals. This role is fluid and would range from general office and admin and bookkeeping duties to preparing basic and complicated tax returns throughout the year.
A short summary of your skillset:
What this role has to offer:
- Individual Tax Return experience.
- Experienced in using Xero, MYOB.
- First-rate communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Understanding of high levels of client service.
- Able to develop knowledge and skills by investigating cases
- Ensure client database is accurate
- Assist with preparing collated documents to present to clients
- Management of ATO lodgement program
- ASIC Administration
- Coordinate and manage third party subscriptions
- Preparing and issuing invoices and tracking of client packages
- Back-up reception duties
- Back-up phone duties - answer, screen, forward incoming calls, and answer basic telephone queries
- Administration and clerical duties and other tasks as directed
- Manage workflow reporting for a team of Accountants
- General client AP/AR
- Direct engagements with clients
- Ongoing training and support
- Grow with the business
- Work for a CA firm
- Busy role to keep you engaged
- Parking or public transport
- Weekly meetings and social catch-ups.
- No weekend work! Good work-life balance!
Please send your resume by clicking on the "apply now" button. For further information about this position, please feel free to contact our offices on 07 3135 9780 after you have submitted an application. About Us:
Abacus Human Capital is a leading boutique accounting recruitment specialist with an extensive network of closely aligned accounting contacts across Brisbane that have been developed over the last 9 years. Our candidate ethos is centred on building long-term partnerships whereby we understand your key career motivations and aspirations. Upon working together, we will provide you with regular feedback and will be entirely transparent with you about the feedback we obtain from our clients. If this is the approach you are looking for when working with a recruitment firm, do not wait to see your perfect role advertised before contacting us as most of our roles are filled by our own internal networks before they even make it to the advertisement stage! You are welcome to join our LinkedIn group here: http://bit.ly/1If4RBf for all the latest news and updates. Don't forget to also check out our website to learn more about ways you can maximise your chances of securing a position through us. (www.abacushumancapital.com.au)
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?