Title: Junior Accountant
Company Name: Draycon Building
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, North West & Hills District, bellavista
Employment Status: Full Time
Draycon Building was established in 2007 and our mission is simple – to deliver the highest quality projects to our most valued clients, on-time and within budget. The Group operates in commercial & residential multi-dwelling property development and medium-to-high-rise construction and owns various commercial and residential properties interstate. Our operations are guided by an unyielding adherence to our core principles of Integrity, Excellence, Quality, Diversity, and Health & Safety – a set of beliefs that govern every decision we make.
Working with us at Draycon Building, you will gain insights into how a vertically integrated construction company operates and be an integral member of a young and vibrant team with a fun workplace culture.
The Junior Accountant is responsible for the provision of general accounting and financial support at the direction of our Financial Manager, including analysis and preparation of reporting information and interaction with various stakeholders.
Quarterly development plans will be created with the Financial Manager, and feedback is provided after the end of each quarter with new goals set for the coming quarter.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collate information to produce reports and analysis in Word and Excel formats. These reports will form part of the management reporting in relation to cash flow, project costing, overhead budgeting, internal control, compliance, project finance, and macro-economic modelling.
- Receipting, documenting, and processing incoming invoices.
- Bank account and credit card reconciliations using Xero.
- Be an integral part of internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the flow of information, through phone calls, emails, letters, and face-to-face meetings.
- Other general administrative duties to support the business operations and the team.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Ability to follow instruction and strong attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with a keenness to learn and grow.
- Ability to follow through on set tasks and effectively manage priorities.
- Proactive and team oriented.
- Have an outgoing, confident, and vibrant personality.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook etc. Experience with Xero would be advantageous.
- Relevant accounting qualifications.
- As this is a junior role, no experience is necessary though some experience will be advantageous.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How would you rate your English language skills?Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?What's your expected annual base salary?How many years of accounting experience do you have?