Title: Junior Accountant
Company Name: Markuan Management Pty Ltd
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, pottspoint
Employment Status: Full Time
There is now the need for a motivated Junior Accountant to join the growing Finance team as our company advances to exciting stages. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for running the day-to-day accounting and oversee financial activities of the company.
We are a small close knit group with big ambitions, so if you enjoy wearing multiple hats, self motivated and growth focused, then you'll fit right in!
Who we are
Markuan Group is an experienced Australian Property Developer, Asset Manager and Property Funds Manager. Since the establishment of Markuan we have demonstrated a succesful record in the Australian property market, with comprehensive in-house expertise covering finance, property development, construction and asset management.
A summary of your accountabilities
- Process payments and invoices timely and accurately.
- Prepare and send invoices and receipts to debtors.
- Process payroll and maintain employee records in Cheops and Xero.
- Analyse and reconcile bank statements and general ledgers in Cheops and Xero
- Assist with preparation of BAS and Tax Returns.
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements and other financial documents.
- Verify financial statements, ledgers and accounts and making corrections where appropriate.
- Provide efficient support to Project team in terms of project accounting and cost reporting etc.
- Assist Financial Controller to establish and implement internal and external AFSL compliance program and procedures.
- Assist Financial Controller with market research and due diligence for selected opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- CA/CPA qualified
- Experience with XERO
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role preferably in the finance, property development or construction industry
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?Do you have experience using Xero?How many years of accounts payable experience do you have?Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?