Title: Junior Accountant
Company Name: TMF Corporate Services (Aust) Pty Limited
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, melbourne
Employment Status: Full Time
TMF Group is a Global Business Operator present in every country our clients' aspirations demand. We are renowned for helping clients operate and invest seamlessly, in and beyond their home markets, by providing Global Business Services that allow them to focus on their core competencies; their products and services.
TMF Group embraces and respects the diversity of our employees, customers and communities in which we live, work and contribute.
About the opportunity
The Junior Accountant assists the Intermediate and Senior Accountant (senior staff within the team) in the Accounting and Tax Compliance day-to-day operation to ensure the accuracy of the information and the on-time deliveries to the client.
- Data entry of sales invoices, purchase invoices, purchase/sales orders, credit/debit memos, employees expense reimbursements, bank account transactions and journal entries in Xero or any other accounting software used by the client
- Preparation of payment vouchers for accounts payable and payroll related payments and maintaining cash position
- Assisting senior staff in the preparation of monthly Instalment Activity Statements (“IAS”) and monthly or quarterly Business Activity Statements (“BAS”)
- Assisting senior staff in the preparation of annual FBT and Income Tax (IT) files for the clients
- Reconciling Balance Sheet and P&L accounts
- Assisting in updating cash position and preparation of client’s, bank reconciliations
- Preparing month-end depreciations and amortizations, prepayments, accruals and payroll entries
- Assisting in the preparation of the monthly reporting package / management accounts for the client
- Scanning and storing of documents in client folders
- Keep accurate records by coding timesheets correctly in ViewPoint
- Participate in regular performance appraisals
- Ad hoc tasks as and when required
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate or above
- Minimum 1 year experience in a relevant professional firm or multinational (previous customer service experience an advantage)
- Fresh graduates with the right attitude
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Able to be a team player
- Join a supportive, fun and growing team.
- Challenging and flexible work environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Work on a diverse range of clients and industries.
To submit your application please click Apply Now or for further information or to request a copy of the full Job Description please contact us at [email protected]
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?How many years of bookkeeping experience do you have?What's your expected annual base salary?How much notice are you required to give your current employer?