Title: Junior / Assistant Accountant
Company Name: Private Advertiser
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs, keweast
Employment Status: Full Time
About the Company
We are an SME delivering a range of HR and learning solutions across Australia, representing some of the region's highest-profile private, public, not-for-profit and government organisations.
The company offers a professional, supportive working environment that is both fun and performance-oriented. The office is based in the inner eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
This position will be a full-time role but open to candidates seeking a reduced working week (but no less than 32 hours).
The position reports to the Finance Manager.
The duties for the role will include (but are not limited to):
- Account Receivable: Process sales invoices daily. Create New Customer Profiles, process payments and respond to any account inquiries
- Accounts Payable: Run weekly payment files for Contractors, Consultants, and Suppliers and payment of expenses
- Reconciliation: Weekly credit card and bank account reconciliation, daily reconciling incoming payment with Debtor Finance company and month end reconciliation, including inter-company transfers
- Assisting in the maintenance of the general ledger
- Assisting with accounts email inbox maintenance
- Assisting with maintenance of unearned revenue register, including month end reconciliation and journal entries
Skills and Experience
The following qualifications and experience are required for the position:
- Diploma/Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or business
- At least 2-3 years of experience in accounts payable / receivable / reconciliation functions is essential
- Exposure to MYOB Accounting software
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and database management
- High level Excel skills, and the ability to interpret data
- Highly driven in the quality of work, timely and organised
- Good communication skills
- A team player, not afraid to ask questions, flexible and adaptable by nature
- High-level attention to detail
- Self-motivated and ability to think independently
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, yet friendly environment