Title: Junior Financial Accountant
Company Name: Michael Page Accounting & Finance
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, South West & M5 Corridor,
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
The role of the NZ Financial Accountant is to oversee the efficient operation of the NZ Accounting Function. The focus will be improvements in "Business Analytics and Understanding", ensuring all Compliance / Reporting requirements are met within the defined time frames, actively engage the Business with proactive feedback and become an agent for improvement / change.
Our client is an American fortune 500 company and a global leader in the industry they operate in. Roughly $13 bn in turnover they employee roughly 47,000 employees globally.
- Financial role directly covers New Zealand operations and supports the Australian operations.
- Analyzing complex financial reports and records.
- Making recommendations / improvements based on financial analysis and critical thinking.
- Improving / documenting and monitoring internal controls with a benchmark to "Best Practice".
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects / initiatives within the Finance team or with other Departments.
- Reviewing journal entries ensuring appropriate documentation and accuracy.
- Performing variance analysis and preparing A/C reconciliations.
- Actively drive / manage financial and tax audits.
The successful candidate will be:
- CA/CPA qualified
- With 3-4 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment
- All rounded finance experience across reporting, reconciliations, taxation, payroll and workers compensation/ insurance
- Strong work ethic and hunger to progress in the role
- 12 month Fixed Term Contract
- Opportunity to work with a global market leader
- Be a part of a high performing finance team
- Parking on site
- Competitive salary package
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Tasneem Nawab on 02 8292 2071.