Title: Lead Cost Engineer/Project Controls Manager
Company Name: Ventia
Job Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, eastperth
Employment Status: Full Time
TRACE is a joint venture between Ventia and Cegelec Oil & Gas and is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, and property and defence sectors. This is a complex and evolving business offering the high-profile projects, large-scale challenges and tailored support you need to achieve on the global stage.
TRACE JV is a joint venture between Ventia and Cegelec Oil & Gas and is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, and property and defence sectors. This is a complex and evolving business offering the high profile projects, large-scale challenges and tailored support you need to achieve on the global stage.
Trace JV are currently looking to engage a Project Controls Manager / Cost Engineer to provide support to the Contract Services team in the management, analysis and reporting of costs. This is a permanent position and will see you based in Perth working Monday to Friday.
The responsibilities of this role will be but not limited to:
- Supervision of multiple planners, schedulers and cost controllers including coaching and mentoring as appropriate
- Preparation, revision and communication of Cost Control procedures, processes, and systems, to ensure accurate, consistent and timely reporting of real time costs
- Participate in developing Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structures (CBS) as basis for project budgeting, cost control and forecasting
- Develop estimate plan, basis of estimate (BOE) and cost estimate for various events and Projects
- Track event progress, earned value, value of work done and event performance, and provide day to day cost reporting and event cost performance analysis
- Provide detailed cost analysis on incurred, actual, cashflow, forecast and cost and progress performance. Present the analysis to support effective decision by management team
- Preparation and distribution of appropriate weekly and monthly reports as requested
- Management of Turnaround and Brownfields worklist
- Development and ownership of an integrated resource and equipment loaded detailed schedule to the Planning and Scheduling standards
- Lead schedule optimization and reviews with stakeholders
- Coordinate with Maintenance Coordinators, Facility/Construction Engineers, Production, Supply chain, logistics and Support Services personnel in the preparation of materials requirements and specifications for planned Maintenance activities
Technical Competencies & Skills
- 5 – 10 years’ relevant work experience, ideally within oil and gas industry
- Relevant qualifications (Tertiary qualifications preferred) and experience pursuant to the Services provided
Advanced Microsoft Office user (specifically Excel)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Primavera
Advanced problem solving and decision-making skills
Ability to analyse, synthesise and select the appropriate solution from a range of competing solutions
SAP experience highly desirable.
- Essential attributes for the role include well-developed interpersonal skills, a flexible attitude and sound work ethic and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and problem solve
If you enjoy a challenge and would like to be part of our dynamic, growing and exciting company, apply now.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
To apply for this role, please click the apply button on this page.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 114691