Title: Management Accountant External Budget
Company Name: Geoscience Australia
Job Location: Australia, Australian Capital Territory, ACT, canberra
Employment Status: Full Time
The Management Accountant (MA) provides high level financial management advice and reporting to the Chief Finance Officer and divisional/ branch senior management teams. The role encompasses compliance with accounting standards, financial law including the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013, related legislation and guidance. The financial management information system used is TechnologyOne.
In this role you will:
- Prepare and manage the external budget through entity planning and budgeting processes. This includes:
- Maintaining the organisation’s external budget model including supporting schedules.
- Coordinating and responding to Estimates Memoranda (requests from the Department of Finance).
- Entering and reviewing adjustments in the Central Budget Management System.
- Contributing to the preparation of the Portfolio Budget Statements and Portfolio Additional Estimates Statements, in collaboration with the Governance section.
- Representing the organisation in external budget forums
- Provide high level financial and administrative advice and support to the Chief Finance Officer.
- Co-ordinate and manage the financial end-of-month processes for your dedicated division/ branch including revenue management, accruals, forecasting and management reporting.
- Support the Manager, Management Accounting and Chief Finance Officer through accurate monthly financial reporting to the Investment and Finance Committee.
- Work with colleagues to improve business processes and maintain standardised business practices and protocols.